putting my RXP back to stock

So I ran into some financial problems and I need to sell my ski. 2005 RXP with 40 hours on it. It has about 4,300 worth of upgrades, and cost me 1,200 to get them installed. I want to put it back to stock before I sell so I dont get raped on the aftermarket parts and sell them seperate on here. How hard is it to put a ski thats basically a stage 3 minus the ecu back to stock? I have really no experience taking skis apart other than the pump to change the impeller/wear rings. Is it worth it? I cant afford to pay someone else to put it back to stock so its either do it myself or eat a major loss.

How much do you guys think a 05 rxp with lots of mods can get price wise? Its in great conidition and low hours. I want at least 8k for it but I know its gonna be tough. Ski does 76 in a river with slight chop, and gets there in a hurry. I payed 6500 for it w/trailer. And with parts and labor i put another 6 in it. So overall I have 12-13k wrapped up in it

Hopefully someone else chimes in, but my advise from past motorcycles cars etc is try and put it back to stock. With bikes and stuff all of those add ons amount to very little in price unless you find someone who wants it and knows exactly what all that stuff is worth. Added exhaust jet kit degreed the cams and an ignition box to my bike polished frame and everything lucky to get what a stock bike was going for. I hope I am wrong, but thats what I have seen in the past.

+1
    get a torque wrench and torx socket and you can do it all yourself, also get a manual. sell all the parts on the forum, might get half back and you can prob get what you paid for with the seadoo

Just for somehting to compare to I bought my 06 RXT from a dealer for 6000. It had a new motor from SeaDoo with a 1 year warranty. No trailer. Bone stock though

+1
    I have stock parts and looking for aftermarket parts maybe we can work something out.

+1
    look on craiglook.com to see what others in your area are asking for them

Put it back to stock would be your best bet.

Thread Information