Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea doo GTI Se 130/155 vs kawasaki stx 15f

I am in the market to buy a new jet ski. I have never owned one. I have looked at yamaha, kawasaki, and sea doo, but I think I have narrowed it down to the sea doo gti se or the kawasaki stx 15f. Does anybody have any experience with either of these jetskis? Concerning the sea doo gti se, is there much difference performance wise between the 130 or 155 horsepower models? Maintenance wise, is there one jet ski that would be more reliable than the other? Thanks for any input.

As far as the 130 vs. 155, I have heard it is the same engine with a few different tweaks. Was told the 130 has more torque while the 155 has a little better top speed. Not sure how true all that is....just what I heard.

What I do know is a 130 will do 56.1 on a GPS in near perfect conditions with the rideplate holes filled. Good luck on your decision.

+1

Grab the 155, can alway use some more power.

I have a 155, it's so low maintenance. Flush and wash down after every ride (like every other ski), change the oil and plugs when u need to and it will last for hundreds of hours.

It's also nearly impossible to flip that thing too. I'm happy with mine

+1

Plus the doo is closed loop, you can't beat that!!

GTI SE 155
    The Kawasaki will be quite a bit faster...around 61-62 MPH, the 155 SD will do 58-59-ish (I own an '07). The SD is a MUCH newer design, rides much better, handles as well if not better than the Kawi. Most inportantly to me, it's larger, with a higher seat, so if you're a taller guy (5'10 on up) I think the SD will fit you better. If you are a smooth lake rider who is not too tall and looking for speed above all, go with the Kawi. If you tend to ride in choppier conditions, are tall, and value "playful" handling, go for the GTI!

Hi everyone. I'm still debating on the sea doo 155 or kawasaki stx 15f. I have also posted on the kawasaki general discussion thread as well. I checked out the sea doo 155 this past weekend, and I really like the features of the sea doo. The only thing I didn't like was the thumb throttle. I'm going to check out the stx 15f this upcoming weekend. I know this is a sea doo forum, but in everyone's opinion, is the sea doo a significant ride improvement over the stx 15f or is there not much difference? I know the kawasaki is faster, but I want to make sure I get a comfortable ride as well. Price wise, I know the Kawasaki is cheaper.

I only plan to use the jet ski in a lake. I have no plans on using it in the ocean. What is everyone's thoughts?

I have never ridden both, but you can convert to a finger throttle and wider handlebars for about $260 with the Riva kit. See if you can test ride them both, most dealerrs can set something up for you when they know you are serious about one or another.

I owned a '06 130hp GTI b/4 selling to buy my RXP. I GPS'ed mine at 53 in the heat, 1/2 tank of fuel, on the seat & of course flat water. I only rode in the lake & it seems to handle the rough better than my RXP. My ex has the same ski with 60+ hours & not a single problem.

Overall the GTI is a great ski & will reward you with many happy hours...IMO.

Good Luck,

I have a GTI SE 155 if you are looking to buy one. 2010 with 30 hrs and in ex cond. but to answer your question, the seadoo is great for cutting thru waves due to its hull where kwaka has shallow draught but good for play on lakes etc. In a sharp turn the seadoo will bite more

+1
    The seat of your pants should make the call!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information