KEIHIN carbs - accelerator pump - check ball?

Can anyone confirm for sure that that KEIHIN carbs do or do not have a check ball in the accel. pump? I've seen references to them having them, but checking the parts diagrams and even the carb diagram from KEIHIN's website, I don't see anything there.

rebuilt carbs on genesis keihin, no balls

+1
    There is a check ball and spring where the fuel enters the accell pump,when it pumps-the ball closes to direct pressure out of the hose. I've seen this one.

There is some sort of check valve at the squirter nozzles,I've never taken them apart, assuming they are check balls.

Both are part of an assembly-not sold seperately-probably why they are not shown in diaghrams.

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    There is a check ball and spring where the fuel enters the accell pump,when it pumps-the ball closes to direct pressure out of the hose. I've seen this one.

There is some sort of check valve at the squirter nozzles,I've never taken them apart, assuming they are check balls.

Both are part of an assembly-not sold seperately-probably why they are not shown in diaghrams.

Makes sense. I thought there were some in the jets, but for some reason I was thinking there may have been one in the pump itself. I was paranoid that I was so careless that I lost it in all three racks I've torn appart in the past month or two.

Which leads me to my next question - why would the accel pump seem to not squire fuel when the engine is running, but when the engine is off you can get the typical 2 or three strong squirts out of them?

I'm still having bogging problems with the SLTX. I just put a "new" set of carbs that I got off of ebay...from a '97 SLTX. I opened them up before I installed them and they were absolutely spotless inside....looked almost new. On the trailer it just doesn't seem to be running right. At one point I was geting a little bit of a backfire through the carbs. Gonna put it in the water tomorrow to see what it's doing under load.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
    . I was paranoid that I was so careless that I lost it in all three racks I've torn appart in the past month or two.

The one at the fuel inlet will not fall out.

Which leads me to my next question - why would the accel pump seem to not squire fuel when the engine is running, but when the engine is off you can get the typical 2 or three strong squirts out of them?

It's kinda hard to see the accell squirt when it's running, with all the other fuel flying around. If it squirts when it's off, I'd say it's working when it's running.

I'm still having bogging problems with the SLTX. I just put a "new" set of carbs that I got off of ebay...from a '97 SLTX. I opened them up before I installed them and they were absolutely spotless inside....looked almost new. On the trailer it just doesn't seem to be running right. At one point I was geting a little bit of a backfire through the carbs. Gonna put it in the water tomorrow to see what it's doing under load.
    Cool

Well, the other part I should have mentioned is that carb rack has transparent/translucent lines going to the accel jets. When it's running I can actually see the fuel moving back and forth when I pull the throttle...which I what made me wonder if there was a check ball missing that may have been allowing the fuel to get sucked back.

Thread Information