Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water ingestion and capsized Ultra 250x after service

Had 50 hr service done. As soon as I gave it gas after I launched it front end started submerging big time. Not good. Gave it gas to get it unsubmerged but it only got worse. Ended up capsizing it. Got back on the trailer drained the hull. Started right up. I'm guessing when they did the 50 hr service they forgot to hook something back up. What should i tell the dealer to check for as far as engine ingestion?

Quote Originally Posted by allin View Post
    Had 50 hr service done. As soon as I gave it gas after I launched it front end started submerging big time. Not good. Gave it gas to get it unsubmerged but it only got worse. Ended up capsizing it. Got back on the trailer drained the hull. Started right up. I'm guessing when they did the 50 hr service they forgot to hook something back up. What should i tell the dealer to check for as far as engine ingestion?

Sounds like you forgot to put your drain plugs in at the ramp when launching it.

No I triple checked to make sure the drain plugs were closed. If it was the drain plugs it would have sunk. Like I posted earlier it was only an issue when I gave it gas.

After capsizing it it didn't sink when I paddled it back to the trailer. And when I got it back on the trailer the plugs were closed and therefore no water was coming out. When I opened them water came pouring out. Clearly the person at fault is the mechanic who serviced it not me.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    was the reverse lever all the way down or was it partially up? how long was it running in the water before you pulled away?

unless you have a gaping hole in the hull, a nonexistant driveshaft carrier seal, or a leaking through hull fitting or just about every water hose disconnected it seems unlikely that the boat should submerge and capsize out of the blue like that.

my thinking is the reverse lever wasnt all the way down causing the boat to submerge and by you giving it more gas it continued to submerge and eventually capsize......

Waterline pop off???

You might have left it Nuteral???

Might be the battery was too full and overweight???

Maybe you shaould ask the Mechanic that worked on it instead of asking the WWW. what he did wrong.

Then again one can check a horses teeth by going up its @%&.

+1
    if you are faulting the dealer wouldnt you tell the dealer you submerged it after he serviced it, why would you have to tell the dealer how to do is job as far as water injestion unless you check everything yourself take it back you wont find the answers here. if you run it on a hose and it has a leak you will find it how hard is that

Quote Originally Posted by allin View Post

+1
    that a boy thats the humour we aussies like

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

Maybe you shaould ask the Mechanic that worked on it instead of asking the WWW. what he did wrong.

Then again one can check a horses teeth by going up its @%&.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information