Taking on water!

I have an 07 GTX Limited that I love but just developed a problem with. So I get back from jet skiing today and when I opened the drain plugs, a bunch of water drained out. I was alarmed because that never happens. After I got home I put the waterhose in the hull to see of I could find any static leaks. After a bit I noticed a a little water was leaking onto the ground from the intake grate area. When I looked inside for leaks I noticed that the leak got worse when wiggling rubber hose thing surrounds the prop shaft. The boot actually moved aft relatively freely. Is that boot supposed to have so much play in it? What am I going to have to do and/or what part to stop the leak. I can't believe this ski doesn't have a bilge pump.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcraig View Post
    I have an 07 GTX Limited that I love but just developed a problem with. So I get back from jet skiing today and when I opened the drain plugs, a bunch of water drained out. I was alarmed because that never happens. After I got home I put the waterhose in the hull to see of I could find any static leaks. After a bit I noticed a a little water was leaking onto the ground from the intake grate area. When I looked inside for leaks I noticed that the leak got worse when wiggling rubber hose thing surrounds the prop shaft. The boot actually moved aft relatively freely. Is that boot supposed to have so much play in it? What am I going to have to do and/or what part to stop the leak. I can't believe this ski doesn't have a bilge pump.
    sounds like you may need a new carbon seal

+1
    Is that boot supposed to have so much play in it?
    No.

What am I going to have to do and/or what part to stop the leak. I can't believe this ski doesn't have a bilge pump.
    You have to remove the drive shaft and the jet pump....

I would get a service manual from Ebay >>> HERE <<< & order part numbers- #34, #35, (2) #36, #39, #40, and (2) $41 from this page >>> HERE <<<

You shouldn't need any special BRP tools to do this job. If you have questions on removal/installation just post 'em here. Or, do a search for "carbon seal removal, installation".

Craigo

Thanks fellas. I'll go buy the local shop today and see if they got what I need and/or order the stuff.

Thread Information