Didn't know your not suppose to be @ WOT for more than 1 min intervals

so i have a race modified 787
    Hot Rods crank, stock milled head, wsm pistons, 1mm over bore, Factory Pipe SpecII, Micro Touch rev limiter, MSD water injection, Solas prop, Worx intake grate, Worx sponsons, new pto, aftermarket flame aresters,

so i guess u have read my post about all my problems i been having. Busted rotary oil line, leaking raves, melted couplers. I was now informed this happen because i rode the ski at WOT for more than 1min at a time, actually i rode it 10 min at WOT. for all this to happen. but now i fixed everything and added water lines to the couplers. no more hot pipes, but i get bogging in the in the low end due to extra water. so 1min @ WOT with no water cooling or WOT as long as i wish with low end bog?

If the pipe is jetted right there should be no bog and no melted hose. What jets do you have in the pipe?

no jets i just used 1/4 nozzle. one near the blue coupler and another one at the end of the midpipe where the small black coupler is. i T'ed off the pisser for water. i dunno where else to get water from. or jets. i just want a reliable ski i can go WOT for a while

IMO, I'd say you have the wrong ski. Not necessarily the wrong ski but, the wrong setup. A factory pipe is a tremendous acceleration and max horsepower type of pipe but, it'd probably be safer on race fuel and not 93 octane. I don't think it's a good idea to run anything wide open throttle for minutes at a time. Even nascar varies the rpm's some. I just don't see the need in running wide open for a long period of time. I just don't see the point.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben in TN View Post
    IMO, I'd say you have the wrong ski. Not necessarily the wrong ski but, the wrong setup. A factory pipe is a tremendous acceleration and max horsepower type of pipe but, it'd probably be safer on race fuel and not 93 octane. I don't think it's a good idea to run anything wide open throttle for minutes at a time. Even nascar varies the rpm's some. I just don't see the need in running wide open for a long period of time. I just don't see the point.
    ?????????
    Are you serious?

these machines are designed to run WOT and not just idle around and putt putt all over the place.

unless your machine is p.o.s. and breaking down all the time dont run it WOT, I recommend just keeping it inside your garage and keeping the outside pretty.

Thread Information