New and Probably Naive!

Double Narrow Trailer - Single Car Garage

Do you have two PWCs that won't fit side by side in a standard car garage?

Here's a company that sell a double narrow PWC trailer that is only 6' 6" wide and will take most PWCs except 4 seaters (will take PWCs up to 42" wide).

http://www.directboats.com/donawipwctr.html

I bought a pair of PWCs on a double trailer only to find to my horror when I got them home that the trailor would not fit in my 8ft garage. I ended up modifying my garage panels and cutting the wheel arches off the trailor but it's still an incredibly tight squeeze (read, "nightmare"). I wonder how may others have the same issue or are paying storage fees for their PWCs.

I thought this might be useful to some of the single car garage community. Forgive me if this has been posted before. I'm a new guy!

I can confirm that I have no affiliation with the company. I'm just a PWC entusiast with a small garage!

Picto

PS: The company ships to most states.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Who makes these?

Brand?

Web site?

New and Probably Naive!
    The wesbite I provided does not include any information about the manufacturer. I assume that www.directboats.com is just the reseller. If I find out any more information, I will post it.

Although the wesbite states that the trailer will "fit most PWCs except 4 seaters" it does also state "up to 42" wide." I measured my Polaris Pro 1200 at 45" so I am miffed! However, I am wondering if the trailer would still take both of my Pros. It seems to me that a slight overlap would not be an issue as long as the they are positioned at a slight angle on the carpets.

I'll check with the supplier and see what I can find out and post an update if I get any more details.

+1
    I had a custom 92" wide trailer made to fit a 96" wide garage opening (8 ft.)...leaving me 2" on each side as i backed it in. I had a 97 GP and 2000 GPR and they BARELY fit.
    78" wide trailer? with two PWC's? We're lookng at at least 88" side to side with the smaller PWC's. I suppose if the bunks were adjustable enough to overlap them (one higher than the other), it MIGHT work....I suppose it all depends on how small of a "single" car garage one might have.

+1
    I had an old Playcraft that was under 8ft total width. The two skis would just touch at 8ft.

Every time I back my very nice Triton in the gate, I cringe. It's probably out at the limits.

New and Probably Naive!
    My Pro1200s, even if they have to touch in the middle, will go through an 8ft garage with a couple of inches clear either side. It's my trailer width that was measuring greater than 8ft (compounded by a bearing buddy I have on one side).

Now I have grinded off the wheel arches and cut the side panels out of my garage, the trailer will go through with about 1mm (seriously) on each side. I am wrecking my garage each time I try to squeeze it in (and have killed my trailer lights twice).

Surely, there is a tralier with a width just under 8ft but with bunks that would take 2 skis, even if their overall width is slightly greater than the overall width of the trailer itself.

I am going to call the company in my original post to see if they can provide any advice, or a list of PWCs that are known to fit. I will post anything useful I may get back.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    I had a custom 92" wide trailer made to fit a 96" wide garage opening (8 ft.)...leaving me 2" on each side as i backed it in. I had a 97 GP and 2000 GPR and they BARELY fit.
    78" wide trailer? with two PWC's? We're lookng at at least 88" side to side with the smaller PWC's. I suppose if the bunks were adjustable enough to overlap them (one higher than the other), it MIGHT work....I suppose it all depends on how small of a "single" car garage one might have.

New and Probably Naive!
    So, I called Direct Boats, gave them the measurements of my Polaris Pro1200s and they checked with the manufacturer (Direct Boats are a reseller). They confirmed that PWCs would fit on the trailer and that the trailer would fit through a standard 8ft garage. The bunks have 4" of adjustment on them and the trailer takes most PWCs except 4 seaters.

Essentially, the PWCs become the widest point (as opposed to the widest point typically being wheel to wheel on a standard trailer).

I'm ordering one today. $1,473 + $324 shipped to TX. It will save me a lot of stress and garage panels!

Hope this helps some of you guys out too. I can't imagine I am the only one with 2 PWCs and a single car garage (I actually have 3 garages, but they are all singles )

Quote Originally Posted by Picto View Post
    Do you have two PWCs that won't fit side by side in a standard car garage?

Here's a company that sell a double narrow PWC trailer that is only 6' 6" wide and will take most PWCs except 4 seaters (will take PWCs up to 42" wide).

http://www.directboats.com/donawipwctr.html

I bought a pair of PWCs on a double trailer only to find to my horror when I got them home that the trailor would not fit in my 8ft garage. I ended up modifying my garage panels and cutting the wheel arches off the trailor but it's still an incredibly tight squeeze (read, "nightmare"). I wonder how may others have the same issue or are paying storage fees for their PWCs.

I thought this might be useful to some of the single car garage community. Forgive me if this has been posted before. I'm a new guy!

I can confirm that I have no affiliation with the company. I'm just a PWC entusiast with a small garage!

Picto

PS: The company ships to most states.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    I had a custom 92" wide trailer made to fit a 96" wide garage opening (8 ft.)...leaving me 2" on each side as i backed it in. .
    That has got to be a headache.

Thread Information