+1

Question About Different Maps

I recently had 1000cc injectors and a 3 bar map sensor added to my ski. Instead of updating my map, I had a new map put in. Is it better to have my old map updated or is it ok to go with a new map?

I had a few problems due to bearings in my supercharger and clutch going so I don't have accurate results to judge by. With the stock injectors, I had fuel pressure set at 63 psi. With the new map, it was still set at 63 and Nils looked at my log and said it was rich at WOT. Jerrys map was in my ski and after talking with him he said fuel pressure should be set at 53 psi. Should I stick with this map and have it fine tuned for my ski or should I go back to my old map and have that one fine tuned for my ski? Let me know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    I recently had 1000cc injectors and a 3 bar map sensor added to my ski. Instead of updating my map, I had a new map put in. Is it better to have my old map updated or is it ok to go with a new map?

I had a few problems due to bearings in my supercharger and clutch going so I don't have accurate results to judge by. With the stock injectors, I had fuel pressure set at 63 psi. With the new map, it was still set at 63 and Nils looked at my log and said it was rich at WOT. Jerrys map was in my ski and after talking with him he said fuel pressure should be set at 53 psi. Should I stick with this map and have it fine tuned for my ski or should I go back to my old map and have that one fine tuned for my ski? Let me know.
    HI
    Usually its best to stick with 1 map and progress from there.
    This whole thing of loading other peoples MAPS is really not the way to go
    What happens is that each set up slowly becomes unique to its host ski
    Fuel Pressures, boost hose on or off, Dash comms, lambda sensors, full throttle timers, RPM limits, fuel and ign compensations, ign maps them selves the list goes on and on.

You should set up your MAP to suit what you do then create new MAPs from that.
    When we fit a new set of injectors there are 4 major things changed

1. Injector Current
    There is a set up in the ECU to tell it how to drive the injector, it reverts back to the resistance of the injector coil. The difference between the Yamaha injectors and the 1000 c injectors here is nothing so no need to change the number.

2. IJPU
    This is the injector scaling and basically refers to a predicted total milliseconds of on time the injector will open for.
    If the IJPU is 20 then this means when there is a number in the fuel table of 50, this means 50% of the IJPU = 10ms. This is seperate thou from other compensations such as Air Temp and Engine Temp
    So if you put in a larger flowing set of injectors then you change this number to suit
    Put in 40% larger injectors, reduce the IJPU by 40%.

3. Change the Injector Battery compensation
    Each injector has its own unique charactoristic of how quickly it opens at different battery voltages and fuel pressures. There is a 3D table in the Set up that is filled in with the appropriate compensation numbers

4. Retune the Main Fuel Table
    If the IJPU conversion is close then only minor numer changes will be required, none the less fuel tuning must be done as different injectors will flow more fuel in some places than in others, so there will not be a simple linear ofset change.

A good resource to learn about set up of ECU's is to read the Manual that cam with the ECU, also available from our website, the local help on each screen is also very informative as well as the help from the top of the screen in ECU MAnager.

Hope thats been some help

Cheers

Thread Information