Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Running on Hose

Running on Hose

Hi,

I just bought this ski last summer and it ran good and i winterized correctly.

Now im looking to run it on the hose to check out and make sure everything is good. before i take it out to the lake

What do i need to do in order to run it on the hose?

It is a polaris slxh with the red top engine.

Do you have a flush kit on it? If not you can pick one up at almost any boat store. Bass Pro might have one, not sure.

If you do you can run the ski on it for short bursts....meaning, 30 seconds or less.

Start Ski first, then a Little water, Water off first, then turn ski off
    Otherwise you will fill engine full of water. Make it convienent to shut water off quickly if necessary.Do you Know where to hook up hose?

there is no flush kit.

I know i can start it for a very short time with out the water. I started it up yesterday for a few seconds and it ran ok and smoked alot which im assuming is from the fogging oil.

but now i went to crank it today and the rpms crank on the display to 220 and it doesnt start and the red light on the display flashes. It could be because the battery is a lil low on juice. its only reading 16.8 and goes lower when cranking.

is it just the battery or what? im not lugging this thing to the lake if there is something else worng with it

+1
    Certainly verify the battery condition before you go any further. I've seen way to many batteries that worked one moment and then gone the next. Batteries not properly maintained over the course of Winter will usually have issues by summer.
    If you're like me and too lazy to keep them properly charged and disconnected from the electrical system be prepared to replace them often.

haha battery was stored in the basement but not on the maintainer.

noooooooooo idea where the hell it went to. could be in the trash i mean my basement or really in the garbage.

but i dont have a multi meter so i can only go buy what the gauge tells me the voltage it.

Tell me about it. Dont let it ruin a day off and end up making your weekend even more expensive then it already is.

guess im going to charge up the battery and see if i can get it to start today or get the damn blinking light to stop.

If not i might take the heads off and look at the cylinders.

+1
    Sounds battery related, start there.
    Be sure to check your grounds as well, pay particular attention to the ground at the engine.
    Make sure the connections are good at the battery as well.
    It might be worth at least picking up a cheapie volt meter to at least have a better idea of actual battery voltage.
    IF you have a bad ground or power supply you will not get an acurate reading at the MFD for voltage. The gauge could also be out of calibration.
    Did I already say, Invest in a voltemeter??

Go to harbor freight. they have stores everywhere. You should be able to get even a cheap one under $10. You will find uses for it with almost everything you do, not just with a pwc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information