Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

hot supercharger and belt

I'm running the rogue 1 to1 (small pulley) and the supercharger gets super hot in a couple minutes as well as the belt. Is this normal. how hot is it supposed to get. how long will the belt last. it has a new belt and the oil in the supercharger has been changed.

I also have the Rogue Pulley, but I think that all that heat just comes with the teritory, when you Do pulley kit and advance timing. My motor definetly runs hotter than before the set up. More rpm's & a fast spinning super charger equal more heat.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    correct me if i'm wrong but werent these pulleys supposed to run cooler than OEM?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but werent these pulleys supposed to run cooler than OEM?

I think he's talking about the supercharger and belt not necessarily the pulley alone so let's not go down that road...

I'd imagine the supercharger would run hotter with any pulley boat. It's spinning faster.

+1
    I did expect it to get hot just not this hot. I honestly wonder if it will last a twenty minute moto,let alone an entire race weekend. I'm running my own mixture of oil: motul synthetic(2\3) and 1/3 lucas synthetic oil stabilizer. the oil is up to the top of the crosshatch of the dipstick on the supercharger.thanks fellow jet ski addicts. Hopefully I'll see ya at the race in Myrtle Beach next weekend.

+1
    Okay. How hot is hot. Are you guys using the factory belt tensioner tool to set the belt. We did. Should the belt be set a little loose? the supercharger housing and pulley are way to hot to touch. Kinda worried.

I was strictly talking about the motor, the top of the motor gets pretty hot after 5 to 10 minutes of riding. I did not experience this before the pulley & timing mod.

+1
    Have you ever stuck your hand in the area around the supercharger or tryed to touch it. I actually painted mine to prevent corrosion, you could smell the paint baking from the heat. we3 expected it to get hot, just not this hot and not so quickly. Believe it or not, the engine itself wasn't hot running on the hose. I keep the flow of water pretty much wide open.

I have not put my hand on the super charger, but I can defintly feel the heat comming off that motor!

Quote Originally Posted by eazygoin View Post
    Have you ever stuck your hand in the area around the supercharger or tryed to touch it. I actually painted mine to prevent corrosion, you could smell the paint baking from the heat. we3 expected it to get hot, just not this hot and not so quickly. Believe it or not, the engine itself wasn't hot running on the hose. I keep the flow of water pretty much wide open.

You did what to your charger.

Im just blown away with what people do.

The caseing on the charger is left raw for a reason. Its called heat shed. The housing is design to help shed the heat. With paint all over it your preventing it from sheding as it designed to do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information