04 gtx SC >>> Want to put on RXT 215 SC - Potential hazards??

I'm interested in putting a 2005 rxp 215 sc on my 04 gtx 185 skii.

What changes have to be made in order to not break anything after the install?

I was concerned with the increase in horsepower and damagin the pistons???

I don't want to replace the stock pistons if I don't have to.

Suggestions or tips to get this HP performance increase cheap as possible?

+1
    Tim, the 185 and 215 chargers are the same with the exception being the 185 uses a 17 tooth supercharger gear and the 215 a 16 tooth. You must run the 17 tooth gear in your supercharger.

If you want more boost you can install the Riva Gen II supercharger impeller into your 185 supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Tim, the 185 and 215 chargers are the same with the exception being the 185 uses a 17 tooth supercharger gear and the 215 a 16 tooth. You must run the 17 tooth gear in your supercharger.

If you want more boost you can install the Riva Gen II supercharger impeller into your 185 supercharger.
    Only the impeller? Will I need to do any other changes when I add the impeller?

+1
    The impeller drops right into the housing. No other changes needed to run it on your supercharger.

+1
    Tim,

As you know your limited to 7650 rpm on the 185, your stuck unless you change to a different ECU. Adding 4" air helps alot, adding a external Fizzle IC would help too, you'll have to repitch the prop cause you'll be on the 7650 limiter real quick. The Hulk is right on about the SC issue. See JPConsults 185 build for tons of great info and advice - he's done it all!!

besides the changes regarding the Sc itself, if one changes to the 215 impeller are there any other changes there must be done in order for this to work ? prop for instance ? ecu ?

or you just drop it in and enjoy its advantages ? also what would these be ? for instance what gains should one expect ?

+1
    Jerry is correct on the SC gear. As far as realiability with the cast pistons and rods--not to worry. I have been running a X charger--outside air package--RXT ECU--13/20 prop--84MM ring--exhaust cross over--hull exhaust fan--42lb injectors and NO intercooler for over a year at around 70 MPH and 8100 plus RPMs and no ill effects.

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Jerry is correct on the SC gear. As far as realiability with the cast pistons and rods--not to worry. I have been running a X charger--outside air package--RXT ECU--13/20 prop--84MM ring--exhaust cross over--hull exhaust fan--42lb injectors and NO intercooler for over a year at around 70 MPH and 8100 plus RPMs and no ill effects.
    Sundance, you got that little 185 smokin! What kind of issues did you have mating the RXT ECU up and did you use the same year as the ski? I bet if you put the external IC on, it would really accellerate!!

+1
    jpt7779--I used a 2006 RXT ECU. Just had to take the ski to the stealership to have the ECU mated to the throttle body. Strange you bring up installing a external IC. Some of the guys we ride with have been pushing us to do that--I have been aganist the idea because I can smoke ANY STOCK ski without an intercooler. However--I am starting to weaken about my stand off. Havent yet--but starting to entertain the idea.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    jpt7779--I used a 2006 RXT ECU. Just had to take the ski to the stealership to have the ECU mated to the throttle body. Strange you bring up installing a external IC. Some of the guys we ride with have been pushing us to do that--I have been aganist the idea because I can smoke ANY STOCK ski without an intercooler. However--I am starting to weaken about my stand off. Havent yet--but starting to entertain the idea.
    Try it Ray. This way you will see what your set-up can do with & without an intercooler. I ran the Fizzle for 2 years without a bracket. It should only take a couple minutes to install so do a back-to-back.

Thread Information