97 Kawasaki STX 1100

95 polaris 750SL bilge pump and spill installation

I just purchased a bilge pump part #2871237 listed in my owners manual as a add on accessory. Purchased thru ebay for $40.00 I hope thats a good price. I havent recieved it yet but I thought Id get a earliy start asking what you guys think would be the best location to install my spill. Obviosly im going to have to drill a hole in my hull which im not excited about, I want to be sure I put it in the best location possible. My understanding is it will come new in the box with instructions and it hooks directly to my fuse box. From what Ive read around here it seams it will only come on once the engine starts and shuts off when the engine shuts off. I wish there was a way to turn it on while the engine was off in case of emergencys. I may want to empty all the water out of the hull before I started the engine! Any way any suggestions please pass my way. Its a 1995 Polaris 750 SL

I installed a Rule Auto 500 gph Bilge pump, direct to the Battery with a switch on the panel by the starter/choke. Turn it ON and it senses water presence or not and shuts off if no water.

I put the through the hull fitting on the right side rear, near the fuel selector on/off valve.

May be you can just hook your's up to a on/off switch and remember to turn it off so not to run down the battery.

Seems like the design should be that it is always alive circuit to dump water as necessary ???

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mogyver69 View Post
    I just purchased a bilge pump part #2871237 listed in my owners manual as a add on accessory.

...My understanding is it will come new in the box with instructions and it hooks directly to my fuse box. From what Ive read around here it seams it will only come on once the engine starts and shuts off when the engine shuts off.

I wish there was a way to turn it on while the engine was off in case of emergencies. I may want to empty all the water out of the hull before I started the engine!

Any way any suggestions please pass my way. Its a 1995 Polaris 750 SL
    On all but the very first few years, Polaris that came factory with a bilge pump also have an extra button on the handlebar to turn the bilge pump on manually.

The stock Polaris bilge pumps are made by Rule. These pumps are designed to run all the time, even when there is no water in the hull. There is no float switch in these Rule pumps.

The stock bilge pump wiring is to connect the bilge pump power wire through a 3 Amp fuse directly to the Orange wire terminal inside the electrical box. The Orange wire has power only when the engine is running.

If you want to also be able to run the bilge pump manually, connect a momentary switch (the type where you have to hold the button down) between the Orange wire and the Red/Purple wire. When you push the button, power is applied to the Orange circuit, and the bilge pump runs.

The negative wire for the bilge pump can connect directly to the battery negative post, or to the Black wire terminals inside the electrical box.

BTW, when you receive your bilge pump kit, scan and post the instructions on here

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    On all but the very first few years, Polaris that came factory with a bilge pump also have an extra button on the handlebar to turn the bilge pump on manually.

The stock Polaris bilge pumps are made by Rule. These pumps are designed to run all the time, even when there is no water in the hull. There is no float switch in these Rule pumps.

The stock bilge pump wiring is to connect the bilge pump power wire through a 3 Amp fuse directly to the Orange wire terminal inside the electrical box. The Orange wire has power only when the engine is running.

If you want to also be able to run the bilge pump manually, connect a momentary switch (the type where you have to hold the button down) between the Orange wire and the Red/Purple wire. When you push the button, power is applied to the Orange circuit, and the bilge pump runs.

The negative wire for the bilge pump can connect directly to the battery negative post, or to the Black wire terminals inside the electrical box.

BTW, when you receive your bilge pump kit, scan and post the instructions on here
    Ok sounds good. I recieved my bilge pump came with instruction but havent read them yet. Looks like it comes with a relay of some type to hook to the fuse box. It appears to be a original polaris part. No shut off and my ski doesnt have a button on the handle bar to manually turn of and on... Id like to be able to drain water with the engine off and turn it off when not needed.... and or add a float... We will see how much time I get. Buisey with work and want to play havent had it out yet so maybe Ill do it after some time passes. Dont wanna work on it right now just wanna ride... LOL Ill post instructions if someone tells me how too....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mogyver69 View Post
    ...I received my bilge pump came with instruction but haven't read them yet.

Looks like it comes with a relay of some type to hook to the fuse box. It appears to be a original Polaris part. No shut off and my ski doesn't have a button on the handle bar to manually turn of and on...

Id like to be able to drain water with the engine off and turn it off when not needed.... and or add a float...

We will see how much time I get. Busy with work and want to play haven't had it out yet so maybe Ill do it after some time passes. Don't wanna work on it right now just wanna ride... LOL

I'll post instructions if someone tells me how to....
    Scan the page(s) in using a computer scanner. 300DPI setting usually works well, 400DPI is even better.

If you don't have access to a scanner, then take clear photos of each page using close-up mode (flower icon).

When replying, use Advanced Mode. Scroll down to the Manage Attachments button, click it, then you can upload you page images.

Add text to your post, click Preview to make sure it is all there, then Submit the post.

Include the Poalris part number for the Kit in you post, so others can find it later using Search.

Thread Information