Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Whats next after Stage I kit?

I have an 06 RXP with a Stage I Riva kit installed. I am planning to fill in the bolt holes on the grate. I have talked to my local dealer about a few other mods to get a few more MPH out of the ski. I am not sure I want to spend the money to go full stage II but I wouldn't mind getting up close.
    Since I already have the full Stage I, I will be picking up individual parts to get up to or close to the Stage II level.
    One of my biggest questions is if the Power cooler kit is worth the cash? What is the best choice for sponsons and OPAS blocks?
    I would really appreciate any input from someone with a ski running something like this!
    In addition, would Jerry recommend going with the Stage II impeller.... do I need to get that pitch tweaked to really dial this thing in.
    I want to get the best speed I can without totally going broke. $2500 or so including labor is not out of the question.

Thanks for the help!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    at this point in the game, the Vortech Sc impeller is a waste of money in my opinion... for a little more money, get the Rotax Racing SC impeller and see far more noticeble gains.

sponsons? ... you'll get alot of different opinions on this... the most superior sponsons are the jetwings, but they are 795 bucks, u better friggen LOVE ur ski to get 800 dollar sponsons. Some say stock is better, some say riva sponsons are better, they each have their strong points.

OPAS block offs? get the RE Block offs... a MUST HAVE for RXP owners with OPAS removed.

what RPMs are you turning now? with the stock ECU optimal speeds will be achieved with 8100-8150 rpms

the power cooler is a big gain... much cooler intake air, more acceleration, good for 1.5-2 mph usually in top speed.. to go much further with big big superchargers and ECUs, an intercooler is a MUST HAVE. the stock intercooler is restrictive mostly due to it's opening diameter near the throttle body

I picked up this ski from a dealer with 15 hrs he had personally put on it earlier this summer. At the moment I am running a little over 8000 RPM, occassionally hitting 8100. I would have to agree that $800 is a little much for the sponsons. I have seen quite a few postive remarks on the RE block-offs and am definitely leaning that way on those.
    I am trying to work with my local dealer so that I don't mess too much with the warranty end. He is an 'authorized Riva dealer' but I am sure would work with the other options here as well.
    The $2500 thing is more of a ball park figure than anything. I don't mind a couple of extra bucks if the parts are worth the difference.
    Thanks!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    u mentioned "including labor" ... are you mechanically inclined or not willing to jump into the ski and install the components urself?

where are you located, i bet a forum member IF local to you would be willing to show u the ropes and help out.

for $640 bucks you can send your supercharger to Green hulk and ask him to install the Rotax Racing High Boost supercharger impeller and metal washers. this will ensure that your supercharger ceramic clutch disks never fail and break apart into the motor, and the impeller will give you appx 15HP and 9.5psi of boost.

Race Engineering block offs $290

in order to do the RIVA Power cooler, you also NEED a thru-ull exhaust... so now you are at 1300 plus appx 240-280 for a thru-hull exhaust.

doing ALL of that puts you at $2500 on the dot and will surpass the performance of a Riva stage 2 kit... that's assuming u have Green Hulk do the supercharger labor and you or a board member helps u do the rest of the installations...

you need to pick your poison.. do you want top speed and acceleration, or do you want aggressive handling capabilities also? ... sponsons wont add speed, so if u ONLY want speed, forget them, but if u want enhanced turning capabilites ur paying for that, not speed or acceleration.

+1
    But with the Rotax SC Impeller wont he need the 42# fuel injectors also?
    Thats what I have been told!

Actually I have very little problems doing most of the work. The only thing that bothers me much at all is actually cutting the hole in the hull for the exhaust. I am a tech for medical equipment and work regularly with electrical, and mechanical systems so I can normally can figure most anything out.
    My biggest reservation on doing the work myself is in my attempt to keep my dealer involved and not void the warranty. I have not paid for the extended warranty but had planned to do this later this week. But, on the other hand I was looking at the warranty due to the supercharger issues I have heard about. I want to have this thing kicking butt. I also want to make sure it stays in the water and out of the shop when I want to run it. That old reliability vs performance thing.
    Your ideas above do sound like a good way to go!

I live in the western part of SC by the way. I am also going to change the seat, but thats other than that $2500 thing.
    Any inputs on the pump impeller? Do I need to go with a version beyond the stage I version?

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r
    But with the Rotax SC Impeller wont he need the 42# fuel injectors also?
    Thats what I have been told!
    Yea! I can't say that I really want to mess with the ECU or injectors.... I have seen on here and other places that the ECU can handle a little more fuel flow, but I also noticed on the store here it says that that Impeller may require the combo above,

As for settling for speed or aggressive handling... I am first going for speed but would like to have the ski handle better than stock as well. If I hit $3K or 3500 so be it!

Well, the more I look, it appears like it may be a combo of Riva and RE parts. Anyone know the real difference between Riva Pro blockoff and REs? They look similar in the photos on here
    Last edited by Buds06RXP; 09-25-2006 at 12:56 AM.

is it worth removing the opas kit??, i hear it restricts what mods u can do probly cos the the space it takes up.. im not racing or anything so is it worth it?? but i also like a fast ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFT
    is it worth removing the opas kit?
    Yes, ditch the OPAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Buds06RXP

Well, the more I look, it appears like it may be a combo of Riva and RE parts. Anyone know the real difference between Riva Pro blockoff and REs? They look similar in the photos on here
    Rivas pro block offs olny cover half the length on the opas where ass the re's cover the whole thing bassically the rivas are half the size of the re's i dont even have my opas removed and i allready know from everyone on this forum that its a no brainer and the re's are the way to go for sure

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information