Where is the Stock Intercooler??

Well I finally got to get a close look at my enging yesterday was I was putting in my BOV, I could not locate the intercooler, Anyone know where the stock intercooler is located? Also where does the power pipe go?

+1
    The intercooler is inside the intake manifold. It slips in from the front and has two hoses connected to it.

The power pipe goes from the waterbox to the exhaust outlet.

just curious...is it difficult to remove the ic (for cleaning purposes)

huh I deff need to get the shop manual to see this better. Also is the power pipe a hard install?

it isnt difficult but its a pain in the ass (like the riva filter kit). if you have the right tools..that would help too..before you start know this: all waterboxs are not installed in the same position on each pwc. you will probably need to rotate it a little to get the pipe to fit. all you have to do unhook the clamp that holds it down and loosen the exhaust clamp on the manifold side(big satinless pipe going from manifold to waterbox). now you are able to rotate the waterbox. use a little phneumatic saw or sumthin to cut out resonator. its like 1/4inch plastic so dont think it would just pop out. vaccum up the shavings so u dont clog your bailor tubes. cut off about 4 inches of stock exhaust hose (on the waterbox side) and connect the pipe to it. last you connect the other end of the pipe to the thru hull fitting(down by the vts). remeber it will take a little fighting for the pipe to fit. make sure you tighten up all of your clamps and your done.

dang I hope it will come with instructions with pictures to help out.

LOL..thats what i thought..i opened the box and all i saw was the pipe itself. glen def needs to work on the whole instruction situation. evrything i have ever ordered from them has not come with any instructions what so ever.

like i said it isnt hard at all..its just difficult to fit. if you have somebody that has done it before to help you, even better.

yea i am not sure if anyone has modded their rxp up here in the albany NY area. Looking for some that are modded, I have seen like 10 rxp's the whole summer up here so far. Yea maybe i can call glenn when I place the order and ask for instructions.

Thread Information