Bigger Engine Recommendation for Blaster II

Hey folks, I have a Blaster II with a blown engine. I am thinking of gutting the machined and starting from scratch with a bigger engine and drive. Anyone have a suggestion? I have rebuilt the 760 once already and rebuilt my Blaster 701 but that's the extent of my experience. So nothing TOO complicated.

Would a GP1100 engine or a RXP engine fit?

Quote Originally Posted by baumsquad View Post
    Hey folks, I have a Blaster II with a blown engine. I am thinking of gutting the machined and starting from scratch with a bigger engine and drive. Anyone have a suggestion? I have rebuilt the 760 once already and rebuilt my Blaster 701 but that's the extent of my experience. So nothing TOO complicated.

Would a GP1100 engine or a RXP engine fit?
    I have heard of gp1200 engines in the blaster, but the results were a very unbalanced and overweight ski. You can make anything fit in there with time and money but I think you should look for a light engine with good power. Maybe the GP800 engine??

+1
    I have a direct injected 2 stroke sea doo motor only 30 hr complete. That blaster whould be nasty call me 270-564-2700 Chad Morgan

+1
    The RXP install would be very complicated, and the results would be almost unrideable and suicidal. The 1100 or GP800R engine would be sick, especially if you chose to port the cyls & get the squish and compression right. If you were really ambitious, you could try to put expansion pipes on it, but I don't know if an advent ignition would work with a 2 cyl. Or you could do a big bore single pipe 870 or so. If you did it would be more balanced and totally sick with accel and speed IMHO. The 1100 conversion has been done and if you do a search for "blaster conversion" you can see the results. Most are in the low 60's.

A couple of people have done a seadoo 951 into a B1. The B2 has more room, the motor is about 20lbs more than a yamaha twin. The B2 already has a big pump. A mild 951 has 160-175 hp....plenty of fun.

Great Suggestions

thanks for the suggestions.... i'll start doing some shopping for the engines mentioned and figure out where to go from there. i definitely want the final product to be 'rideable' so thanks for steering me away from suicide!

Thread Information