2001 1200gpr killing batteries

I put a new battery in last weekend and only got to ride for an hour and cut on and off several times with no problems. This weekend went out saturday rode for 20 min. cut off for a min would not sart up towed back in and battery was only checking 11 volts so trickled it all night and tried again sunday and rode for about 1 hour, stopped for lunch and killed battery again i am sure it is a good battery, what could be my problem. thanks for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
    I put a new battery in last weekend and only got to ride for an hour and cut on and off several times with no problems. This weekend went out saturday rode for 20 min. cut off for a min would not sart up towed back in and battery was only checking 11 volts so trickled it all night and tried again sunday and rode for about 1 hour, stopped for lunch and killed battery again i am sure it is a good battery, what could be my problem. thanks for the help
    probably not charging

new to the game i am pretty sure their is no alternator so what charges the battery on a jet ski. And thanks for the help sorry for being such a newbie

put in a freshly charged battery, hooked everything up, checked voltage before cranking and had 12.7. Cranked it and let it run, at the dock for a couple of minutes...voltage dropped to 12.15. Does this sound like the stator is bad or could it be something else?

+1
    Someone check me on this, but doesn't the rectifier play the role of a voltage regulator on these skis? I recall that if it goes out the battery won't charge properly.

yes its your rectifier. its on the side on the electrical box i had to take out the battery box to take it out. easy fix. on the newer model there a volt meter gauge it would go up to 14.7 when its working right,

just 2 update put in new rectifier and regulator assembly checked battery before putting in the ski and it was 12.4 volts after starting it up fell to 11.75 but held steady. Went out and rode for a couple of min. broght back to dock and left it running to check it and still 11.75 cut off checked it back up to 12.39. Any ideas on where to go next. Also found out i have a 16 series napa battery and i am going to the 20 series but other than cold cranking amps what is the difference.

Thread Information