Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FZS takin water on BAD

Ok here is what happen to me this wonderful weekend. I am riding in the intercoastal water way at Holden beach, NC. Ski is doing really well....I went out in the ocean jumped some good size waves and went back in the waterway. She is doin WOT for a good ways. Then all of a sudden rpms start to drop and the ski cuts off....Im thinkin WTF??????????? right....Take my seat off and WHAM half way full of water. Sooooo $250 tow fee later on the the boat ramp and get all the water out....She cranks right up....Go home hook the hose to it and flush it out and there is no water goin in the hull......So im thinkin problem solved what ever it was....OOOO no next day put back in water and seems like the water is comin in from under neath the engine ....i didnt see no water comin from the I.C. hoses and my hull is not cracked. And yes my plugs that are in the back of the ski were in. Seems like the faster i go more comes in the hull.....Water does not come in unless ski is runnin and very little is comin in when idle. So im takin it to my dealer to get fixed. I will report back with the problem so incase this happens to any one else u will know what the problem might be.

Your cooling line has split or come off at the back of the ski.

Where can i find tht at?...im lost...lol...Hopefully if i caint find it my dealer will fix it for free...since i havent done nothin about change tht peice on the ski.....Okkk if i am lookin at the back of the ski near the water box...where is it at?...Do i have to move somethin to get to it?

Its the same hose the flush fitting is joined into only it runs to the rear of the ski

OK thanks man i will go and check and see if tht is what it is...thanks again

All else fails, fill the ski partly with water on the trailer. If it can get it, it can get out and you may see water coming out and find the issue.

Well i am assuming the line is cracked because i checked the hoses and they are on there tight. From where u connect the hose pipe fittin to, u go down and there is like a 4 way piece and a line goes to the side of the motor where the I.C. basically is and the other piece goes to the rear. I just thought it would cause water to go in the hull also when i hook the hose to it. Must not have enough pressure to make it leak or the water is goin somewhere else. When the ski was in the water the little holes on the sideof the ski i think u have 2 on each side i believe and water comes out of those like normal....So the line must have a crack in it. ...I will let my dealer worry bout it..Thanks again.

+1
    hook the flush kit up start motor turn on water and look in hull for a leak while the water is on and the engine is running. Do not turn on hose with out the engine running first turn off water and then stop motor this way you will spot the hose real easy! Tommy Jordan

SHOBIZ.....When the ski was half full and i put it on the trailer there was no water coming out. Cause that was my first thought bc i heard of some cracked hulls in the past. But there was nothin comin out. Then i drained the ski and took it home and hooked the hose to flush the ski and like i said no water was gettin in the hull while i was flushin it. But as soon as i put it in the water i waited and i didnt see no water comin in. Then fired her up and water was very SLOWLY comin in ....gave her some gas and more rpms close to 7500 and she just kept on takin on water. And the so called Bilge pump aint worth a damn! Will be upgrading that also in the future

Im bout to go out right now and try to flush it again and see if i spot ne thing but friday i didnt see ne thin.....Maybe i can blame it on the beer...lol....Well let me go try and see if there is ne thing...thanks again

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information