Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

My first performance issue...

Straight to the point: '06 RXT SC IC, bone stock except for the recent SC rebuild by Jerry. Ski ran fine and then lost throttle w/beep. Got error codes P0267 & P0353. Luckily, the ski started right back up (limp mode?) and it idled back about 300 yards to the camp. Immediately put in dry dock... I'm assuming/hoping the 5 minute idle didn't exacerbate the issue.

I've read the sheet on the error codes and both codes regard a damaged injector, circuit wires, connector, or ECM output pins. Both of these codes are for #3.

So, my first question is there anything I can do at home w/little or no technical tools?

Second, what is my worst case scenario? (Damaged injector?)

Any professional help or other feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Get the multimeter out and ohm the injector and injector harness to the ecm. If you have a noide light check for pulse at the injector.

+1
    Step one take the simple approach. check the connections. Unplug then replug all of them. Don't overlook the simple problems with the easy fixes. If the little rubber gasket allowed water into your connection at the injector it could be as simple as that.

+1
    If its an injector you need I have some stock ones from my ski that I will give you for free. Its the least I can do for you being our tour guide on the rides!!! They work fine, just dont use them anymore because of mods

+1
    Just looked in my shop manuel and one is for injector #3 and the other is ignition coil #3? Odd that they would happen on the same cylinder at the same time. Try swapping the coil around two different cylinders and see if the problem follows the coil from #3. If it does not follow that coil pack check the injector resitance, should be 11.4-12.6 ohms. Also look for damaged wireing going to cylinder 3 from ECM

+1
    Gold, you are golden I really appreciate the offer... I may drive down to the camp this afternoon and see if it's just a loose wire/connection or fouled plug - something simple. If it turns out to be the injector I will def. get back w/you. Once I get into it I will post what I find...

Thanks to all that have replied.

Hey gator if you find out it is an injector I have a set of stock ones. Right here in the Ville.

+1
    Thanks, M. Closer is even mo' better... Hopefully a wire, or something, is loose.

+1

Update

First, A Great Big Thanks to Jpeconsult & Mongo who connected via GH to help me out while I was at the camp w/no technology other than bad cell service. And especially Mongo who dropped what he was doing on Mem. Day to drive over and give me mechanic lessons and hand-off freeby injectors.
    It was very awesome of both of you guys to lend aid today.

Still no firm diagnosis but here's what we eliminated: Once again, the error codes point at cyl. #3, so we replaced the spark plug - no change, then replaced the coil - no change. Then we removed the fuel rail and started the machine and verified that no fuel was being sent thru the #3 injector. So next we replaced the injector - no change, and finally we switched the leads from the ECU from a good injector to the bad one. We started it up again and now fuel was pushing thru #3 but not #2. Mongo later called me and said I need to run down a fuse as each injector has it's own.

But if I find the fuse to be in good working order, this all leads me to believe my issue is of an electronic/ECU matter, not a mechanical matter.

If the fuse is good, I guess my next move is to send it to the dealer.

Have I missed anything?

+1
    [QUOTE=83Gator;1446569]First, A Great Big Thanks to Jpeconsult & Mongo who connected via GH to help me out while I was at the camp w/no technology other than bad cell service. And especially Mongo who dropped what he was doing on Mem. Day to drive over and give me mechanic lessons and hand-off freeby injectors.
    It was very awesome of both of you guys to lend aid today.

Still no firm diagnosis but here's what we eliminated: Once again, the error codes point at cyl. #3, so we replaced the spark plug - no change, then replaced the coil - no change. Then we removed the fuel rail and started the machine and verified that no fuel was being sent thru the #3 injector. So next we replaced the injector - no change, and finally we switched the leads from the ECU from a good injector to the bad one. We started it up again and now fuel was pushing thru #3 but not #2. Mongo later called me and said I need to run down a fuse as each injector has it's own.

But if I find the fuse to be in good working order, this all leads me to believe my issue is of an electronic/ECU matter, not a mechanical matter.

If the fuse is good, I guess my next move is to send it to the dealer.

Have I missed anything?[/QUOTE]

Yes.... doesn't this belong in the " Broke Down thread" sorry Billy I had to... Hopefully it is just a simple fix. Keep us posted. GH members are great.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information