Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Which intake grate and ride plate for my sho

    Hello guys
    Can you advise me which intake grate and ride plate should i use on my sho?I want one intake grate more for speed in rough conditions and calm water. How important is the ride plate? What it would be the gain overall if i replace it?
    Thanks

    [mods: free flow exhaust (custom) and power filter (custom)]


  2. #2
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by adamos View Post
    Hello guys
    Can you advise me which intake grate and ride plate should i use on my sho?I want one intake grate more for speed in rough conditions and calm water. How important is the ride plate? What it would be the gain overall if i replace it?
    Thanks

    [mods: free flow exhaust (custom) and power filter (custom)]
    R&D grate & modified stock plate..

  3. #3
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by adamos View Post
    Hello guys
    Can you advise me which intake grate and ride plate should i use on my sho?I want one intake grate more for speed in rough conditions and calm water. How important is the ride plate? What it would be the gain overall if i replace it?
    Thanks

    [mods: free flow exhaust (custom) and power filter (custom)]
    i am running with the r&d intake and r&d ride plate.

  4. #4
    jusloungin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    fort myers
    Posts
    141
    i hate to say it but it is all test and tune but go with a r&d intake grate and a mod ride plate you will be happy

  5. #5
    What gain i will have with these 2?

  6. #6
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by adamos View Post
    What gain i will have with these 2?
    you definetly want to get rid of the oem intake.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    you definetly want to get rid of the oem intake.
    What about the ride plate? R&D says 1 mph plus ??? Any changes on the handling?

  8. #8
    jusloungin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    fort myers
    Posts
    141
    i think if you mod the stock ride plate you might get 3 mph but dont quote me on that, that is just what i have been hearing, the intake grate will help you hook up in the chop but i have also heard people losing 1 mph with the intake grate but in rough water it is worth it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jusloungin View Post
    i think if you mod the stock ride plate you might get 3 mph but dont quote me on that, that is just what i have been hearing, the intake grate will help you hook up in the chop but i have also heard people losing 1 mph with the intake grate but in rough water it is worth it
    How can i mod the ride plate?You mean Jim to mod my plate? I live in Cyprus and is very difficult to send my plate to USA .Any other solutions instead of modding my stock plate?

  10. #10
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by adamos View Post
    How can i mod the ride plate?You mean Jim to mod my plate? I live in Cyprus and is very difficult to send my plate to USA .Any other solutions instead of modding my stock plate?
    ticanis adamos, The other alternative would be to buy a used stock plate from the forum classified section have them ship it to me and then i can send to you once done so there is no down time, I have a lot of people doing that to save on down time and shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts r&d intake grate and ride plate for yamaha XLs
    By curtismarker in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2015, 10:50 AM
  2. WTB WTB: R&D Intake Grate and Ride Plate for 2010 FX SHO
    By Ericruiz911 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 02:26 AM
  3. FS - Parts vxr/s R&D intake grate and ride plate for sale
    By firehawk in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 08:04 PM
  4. Which intake grate and ride plate combo is the best for top speed? 300x
    By lex08gsr in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 12:19 AM
  5. INtake grate and ride plate for gp1300r
    By monsterenergy191 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •