First results on the R2 reflash in the uk

hi, i just thought i would give a little info on how i got on testing the ski since the reflash......welll the ski is.....flipping AMAZING....

today it was about 15 celcius out and very large chop..3' wave jumping was easy to pop it straight out the water.

i have not yet changed my prop so im still running the 13.22r... on hole shot im having huge amount of cavatition, but then picks up and acceleration is unreal for what little time i can keep the ski near the water

had regular 70mph on gps but it easily has a 3-4 more on that prop but the weather was against me.
    have not yet had a time to check afr's today as was too rough to play around. but idle was 10.2 and 3k rpm was 11.7

not sure if im hitting rev limiter or cavitation but at top end was bit of a flutter....hope i get some smoother water tomorrow to test it out better as the rough waters were making it hard to stay on let alone test.

so.... i think i need my 13.25 on asap to keep them revs down a little and to reduce that cavitation also i need to check out them afr's....so what other recommendations do people have for me???

thanks ian

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    well done fella, bet that r2 reflash turned out expensive all in??? but worth it for the grin factor right??

+1
    just a thaught have you got the bov on????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    hi, i just thought i would give a little info on how i got on testing the ski since the reflash......welll the ski is.....flipping AMAZING....

today it was about 15 celcius out and very large chop..3' wave jumping was easy to pop it straight out the water.

i have not yet changed my prop so im still running the 13.22r... on hole shot im having huge amount of cavatition, but then picks up and acceleration is unreal for what little time i can keep the ski near the water

had regular 70mph on gps but it easily has a 3-4 more on that prop but the weather was against me.
    have not yet had a time to check afr's today as was too rough to play around. but idle was 10.2 and 3k rpm was 11.7

not sure if im hitting rev limiter or cavitation but at top end was bit of a flutter....hope i get some smoother water tomorrow to test it out better as the rough waters were making it hard to stay on let alone test.

so.... i think i need my 13.25 on asap to keep them revs down a little and to reduce that cavitation also i need to check out them afr's....so what other recommendations do people have for me???

thanks ian
    Wate till you can get a reading on your rpm's in calm water befor you go swaping props you want 8200-8400 with your set up listed on your post, Tommy Jordan

yeah it was sure a big grin, and no one on the water was even close to keeping up

r2 wernt to bad was 80 postage there and i think it be about the same back.

but was worth it to get it back in so little time.

the bov in on mark, and in the rough it sounded the nuts lol.... its so so loud

ian

+1
    you need to adjust your sig now

oh yeah ...cheers

Thread Information