Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Kevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lutz Florida
    Posts
    154

    Spedometer reading low

    2008 250 X 130 hrs salt water. Speedometer wheel on back spins free and only gets to 50 mjph. Ski is strong as it was when new. Yes I am using the orange key. ??????


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    set it as per service manual

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    2008 250 X 130 hrs salt water. Speedometer wheel on back spins free and only gets to 50 mjph. Ski is strong as it was when new. Yes I am using the orange key. ??????

  3. #3
    Kevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lutz Florida
    Posts
    154

    Have service manual

    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    set it as per service manual
    Where in the service manual. Looked but didn't find what you suggested. Thanks, Kevan

  4. #4
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    lazy ass look harder, ive got better things to do
    14-52, p.406


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    Where in the service manual. Looked but didn't find what you suggested. Thanks, Kevan

  5. #5
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,162
    +1
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    lazy ass look harder, ive got better things to do
    14-52, p.406
    no you dont..................

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    684
    +1
    7
    who cares about the speedo. as long as my R meeter and boost one are working im fine. get a gps if u wanna know how fast ur going

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    who cares about the speedo. as long as my R meeter and boost one are working im fine. get a gps if u wanna know how fast ur going
    +1

    Speedo has been very inaccurate on my boat, not even close to GPS numbers. I trust the GPS.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mississippi
    Posts
    510
    +1
    1
    just my opinion but i was under the impression the dreamometer was there to take up space. like decorations on a xmas tree .. i always say ride it till the seat puckers and then hammer it the rest of the way. If you come back with a smile on your face you can't wipe off? Thats good enough for now

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 06:58 PM
  2. Fuel gauge always reads low fuel - Ficht fuel pumpp
    By Hayszuki in forum Polaris Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 09:17 PM
  3. Dipstick reads low sometimes
    By Jaxtripp in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
  4. mfd reading fuel low on 96 slx
    By cptn willigan in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
  5. Display reads 12V LOW
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •