2005 RXT help....

Yesterday I got into some water that was to low and was turning up mud. Before I knew it the hi temp light was going off..The Ski began to sink in the rear and the motor shut off. Luckly I was with 2 other jetskis. Alot of smoke was also coming out of the engine compartment. We managed to get the ski up on the shore and looked in the engine compartment. It was completely full of water. I drained it out and put it on the trailer from that location. We noticed the hose that attached to the resonator was off and the resonator was melted were the hose attached. I guess this is were the water entered. Also the hose seams to be deformed and very lose to the touch. We pulled the plugs and the engine would turn over. Has anyone heard of this before? Also what should I do? I have read many posts on here regarding water in the engine on the top side and lower side. Would I assume water went into both sides?

+1
    Yes it has happened before. Is your oil milky ? If not just have to clean everything up and replace.

Not that I can tell..I am taking a look at it now. So far the hose from the resonator to the muffler is melted and burnt inside badly. THe resonator is melted, the rubber housing around the muffler seems melted also. The temp sensor that was on the muffler is melted off also...

+1
    I just looked and happen to have a resonator and the hose from waterbox.

I have read some posts on the forum regarding possible water in the engine. With the damaged parts I removed I do not think I can run the ski. Is there another way to remove the water if there is any. I had already removed the spark plugs and turned over the engine. But don't know if water made its way into the manifold. Will it hurt to wait until I get the parts changed or do I need to pull the engine?

+1
    Is the oil milky or not ? Just look @ the dipstick.

the dipstick is not milky.. Would the oil show up milky if it did not run with the water in it?

+1
    yes it would be milky if there was water in the oil. Sounds like you are ok. Just have to clean up the mess and get a new sensor. You dont have to replace the mat around the waterbox but it does help quiet it down.

Plenty of waterboxes have been for sale so it shouldnt be bad to find one. Trying to find the sensor used is a tough one. Better off ordering it new from the store.

You can have the resonator and hose I have for whatever the shipping cost. I double checked the part number for the hose and I have the RXP one but you may be able to get it to work on the rxt with some trimming.

OK... Thank you. What about the supercharger? When I removed the front hose off of it it had water in it. Do I have to remove it? Also looks like the short exhaust hose burnt also. There is a hole in the side of it. So let me ask you if you think this is what happened. The water was too shallow and mudd clogged the pickup of the exhaust cooling water. Then this caused the exhaust system to overheat and burn the hose and resonator filling the ski with water. If this is correct wouldnt I need to flush the exhaust pickup on the pump through the ski and back out to remove anything that might be still in the manifold and exhaust?

I removed the muffler (I believe water box ) from the ski and noticed it was completely full of water. Also when I removed the pipe from the manifold I noticed a milky liquid draining out of it slightly. This made me want to look at the oil more.. I leveled the ski and removed the dip stick. It only had 1/4 " of a slightly milky oil on it.
    In the past when I have looked at it I swear even without running it it was still in the low normal range on the stick. Were is all the oil? What do you think I should do?

Thread Information