Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    cdk2 hookup and...

    Helping out a friend of mine. Here's what we have: A cdk2 carb that was taken apart and cleaned. Also replaced a few fuel lines and added a in line primer (like on a boat) carb is not getting fuel. Just to make sure we have the lines hooked up. Pulse line is the bottom fitting, return line is right near the regulator cover, and top has the main fuel line. If I remember correctly. also just making sure, like where the pump diaphram is at the clear screen and gasket, which goes on top? I think he said the gasket was facing him (on top) and the clear screen on bottom? are both supposed to be this way?
    Thanks


  2. #2
    bowsniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    macomb,michigan
    Posts
    5,896
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by joshk5145 View Post
    Helping out a friend of mine. Here's what we have: A cdk2 carb that was taken apart and cleaned. Also replaced a few fuel lines and added a in line primer (like on a boat) carb is not getting fuel. Just to make sure we have the lines hooked up. Pulse line is the bottom fitting, return line is right near the regulator cover, and top has the main fuel line. If I remember correctly. also just making sure, like where the pump diaphram is at the clear screen and gasket, which goes on top? I think he said the gasket was facing him (on top) and the clear screen on bottom? are both supposed to be this way?
    Thanks
    what are you talking about? lol i have no clue what your saying. whats a cdk carburator? who cleaned it?? taken apart? how far? theres 300 pieces in a carb.lol usually just 5 or 6 parts are replaced.. ie..needle, seat,high speed jet, low speed pilot jet, diaphram, gaskets and some have internal filters or restrictors. maybe a idle screw. thats about it..

    which lines did you replace exactly? how many? which ones? vent hoses fuel feed line , return line, fuel seperator? fuel selector valve? you need to be more exact. use pictures if you can.. are you going to replace all the lines? you should change all the lines.


    get rid of that primer. it wont work. backpressure will go thru it under load. buy a primer kit for 22.00

    what kind of ski are we dealing with? a polaris? what year, what kind? we need more exact info.

  3. #3
    Lol sorry about that I was in a hurry when I posted it up. It's a 01 polaris slh (700 Domestic twin) I don't think he replaced anything just cleaned the internal fuel filters. All of the lines and being replaced. The lines goin from the fuel selector and the return lines have already been replaced (the primer was installed just to get fuel to through the new line.
    O and it's a keihin cdk 2 (stock) carb

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    what are you talking about? lol i have no clue what your saying. whats a cdk carburator? who cleaned it?? taken apart? how far? theres 300 pieces in a carb.lol usually just 5 or 6 parts are replaced.. ie..needle, seat,high speed jet, low speed pilot jet, diaphram, gaskets and some have internal filters or restrictors. maybe a idle screw. thats about it..

    which lines did you replace exactly? how many? which ones? vent hoses fuel feed line , return line, fuel seperator? fuel selector valve? you need to be more exact. use pictures if you can.. are you going to replace all the lines? you should change all the lines.


    get rid of that primer. it wont work. backpressure will go thru it under load. buy a primer kit for 22.00

    what kind of ski are we dealing with? a polaris? what year, what kind? we need more exact info.

    CDKII is the model of the keihin carbs that are in almost all domestics.

    There are about 20 pieces in the full rebuild kit.

    See if this helps...
    Triple:


    Twin:

  5. #5
    Thanks for the diagrams but mine is single carb (I meant twin cyl sry if i misled you) in the pic of the rebuild kit you have, the two clear screens(not sure what they are called) have the gasket that either goes on top or bottom of them(I don't remember seeing an indention indicating which side it goes but may have just overlooked. Just wondering if you know which side it goes on. I have a write up on rebuilds but i can't tell for sure from pics.....

    Edit: After looking at your diagram of the twin carb steup #7 line is the fuel line carrying gas into the carb and the other is the return...Right?

  6. #6
    bowsniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    macomb,michigan
    Posts
    5,896
    +1
    6
    thanks for the clarification. I have never taken apart one. one of the other members may be able to help you out. Ive only gone as far as jets, diaphram, needle and seat, and a gasket on my 44 mikunis.

  7. #7
    No problem. Thanks for your help though sorry I left that info out in the first post.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by joshk5145 View Post
    Thanks for the diagrams but mine is single carb (I meant twin cyl sry if i misled you) in the pic of the rebuild kit you have, the two clear screens(not sure what they are called) have the gasket that either goes on top or bottom of them(I don't remember seeing an indention indicating which side it goes but may have just overlooked. Just wondering if you know which side it goes on. I have a write up on rebuilds but i can't tell for sure from pics.....

    Edit: After looking at your diagram of the twin carb steup #7 line is the fuel line carrying gas into the carb and the other is the return...Right?
    I've never seen the single carb setup up close, but supposedly it's a single 40mm keihin. The pulse lines are pretty obvious. This may help on the fuel and return:



    Here's the full carb break-down:

  9. #9
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,775
    +1
    400

    fittings

    there are 3 fittings to attach lines to.2 of them are brass one is aluminum,the aluminum one is the pump and goes under the intake manifold to the engine crankcase.the upper most brass fitting is the return to the tank and if you blow thru that hose no gas will gurrgle in the tank.the lowest brass fitting and closet to the aluminum pump one is the feed for the carb.when you blow the hose for ir gas will gurrgle in the tank if the on/off shutoff is open.

  10. #10
    Thanks guys I def. got it now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How much speed and hookup is this costing me!
    By thirdgen327 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
  2. WSM and SBT vs Keihen CDK2 carb kits
    By crustbuster in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 08:08 PM
  3. Franks 80+ mph videos and results from Saturday
    By Enufpwr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
  4. My Mods and test results
    By CRAZEDRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 07:38 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 10:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •