Help..Riddle me this, ski stopped working and took on water - New owner here

Guys,

Hello.

Rode the Ultra 250x (2007) hard the last day at the river. This is the first time as a new owner of the 250x to take the ski out (other than the test drive)

Worked great all day, did a fast 26 mile ride, it was glassy.
    Fuel warning came on, no problem right? Next thing I know ski is running TERRIBLE. Bogging down, wont go over 1,500 RPM.

I pulled into the Marina thinking that this was a safety feature of the ski once the gas gets very low. I filled it same results

I changed the plugs..same results. As I am changing the plugs I realize the engine bay is 1/2 full of water!! WTH?

Drain it, barely get it on trailer, 6 hour drive home. Fire it up and it is back to normal.

Huh?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

T

Quote Originally Posted by troye View Post
    Guys,

Hello.

Rode the Ultra 250x (2007) hard the last day at the river. This is the first time as a new owner of the 250x to take the ski out (other than the test drive)

Worked great all day, did a fast 26 mile ride, it was glassy.
    Fuel warning came on, no problem right? Next thing I know ski is running TERRIBLE. Bogging down, wont go over 1,500 RPM.

I pulled into the Marina thinking that this was a safety feature of the ski once the gas gets very low. I filled it same results

I changed the plugs..same results. As I am changing the plugs I realize the engine bay is 1/2 full of water!! WTH?

Drain it, barely get it on trailer, 6 hour drive home. Fire it up and it is back to normal.

Huh?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

T
    sounds like you popped off a thru hull hose. There are hoses at the back of the ski, just above the jet pump. Check that they are all on and tight. Happened to me before.

I will take a look Red, thank you

+1
    Yes it is Kawasaki tradition to have the hose pop off and try and sink them on the first rides, happened to me. I believe those machines also have the exhaust come apart sometimes but don't really know much about them.

Thread Information