Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Has anyone ever bent/ repitched a 14/20 dynafly?

I need to depitch my Dynafly down to a 12/18. Is there anything special i have to do to it? I printed the gauges off of here.

Quote Originally Posted by onefastgp
    I need to depitch my Dynafly down to a 12/18. Is there anything special i have to do to it? I printed the gauges off of here.
    I've re-pitched my own Dyna flys, I used a 2ft cresent wrench, and a pipe vise.

2 foot cresent wrench....my lord,,,your only suppose to adjust/tweak the last 1" or so of the blade. i use a 6 or 8" cresent wrench and adjust my props on the prop guage itself (we dont use those coke can printed things).

if your using such a big wrench your messing with the root angle off the hub.

the only time you need to use such a big wrench and locked in a vice is when you go up in big pitch numbers (ie., 14/20 to 14/27) so you can taper the blade back to maintain a smooth transition in pitch back to the hub.

14/20 down to a 12/18 is a light massage of the blades.

Quote Originally Posted by HopatcongGPR
    2 foot cresent wrench....my lord,,,your only suppose to adjust/tweak the last 1" or so of the blade. i use a 6 or 8" cresent wrench and adjust my props on the prop guage itself (we dont use those coke can printed things).

if your using such a big wrench your messing with the root angle off the hub.

the only time you need to use such a big wrench and locked in a vice is when you go up in big pitch numbers (ie., 14/20 to 14/27) so you can taper the blade back to maintain a smooth transition in pitch back to the hub.

14/20 down to a 12/18 is a light massage of the blades.
    I know what your saying, but when I tweak mine, I make sure the blade is perfect along the red line, I just dont tweak the ends, I match the line all the way down. The reason I use a big wrench is because It's better leverage for me.

+1
    ...did you know that you change the clearance on the edge of the blade when you tweak a DYNAFLY specifically???

Hope you didn't mess up a liner!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys
    ...did you know that you change the clearance on the edge of the blade when you tweak a DYNAFLY specifically???

correct, when you pitch "up", the O.D. increases.

If I am pitching either leading edge or trailing edge of the prop I will use a digital mic and mark 2 inches draw a black marker line then start pitching from right at that line getting your prop as even as possible along the prop pitch gauge line. Also always check your clearance when ptitching the dynafly up Some times you will have to file the outer edge of the blade to fit inside the pump liner. Make sure you shine a shop light up threw the intake grate area to check for light shining threw the prop area and when the light is shining threw all blades you know your clear. Also you can do as hop suggetsed, The last inch of the prop however I only do that as more of a kicking then gradually bending of the last 2 inches ( Thats just the way i do it)
    Last edited by GPRPITMAN; 09-25-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RX951
    correct, when you pitch "up", the O.D. increases.
    Got you guys covered on that, I just do a little fab work on the sides when I have the shaft in the vise I also have the impeller ring on and I turn to hear scratches, I'll shine a light from the other side so I can see each blade and when I hear no noises, I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys

go over 23 on the trailing edge and its like OJ and the glove...

it just dont' fit!

and....when i say the last inch of the blade i am refering to the outer most edge of the blade...NOT the last 1" of the trailing edge. i speak of a true progression from leadin edge to trailing edge.

im not going to speak about "kicking" the trailing edge of the prop...thats kinda like jim's top secret XLT pump shoe....there is somethings u just dont disclose in public.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee
    Last edited by HopatcongGPR; 09-26-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopatcongGPR

im not going to speak about "kicking" the trailing edge of the prop...thats kinda like jim's top secret XLT pump shoe....there is somethings u just dont disclose in public.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee
    When you live and ride in places like Tampa were bull**** and aggresion flies before and after grudge races you need all of your secret arsenal to keep them other mouths shut!!!!!s

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information