Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Engine Bogging Down during turns.

    Anyone ever have problems with their ski bogging down during doing a bunch of tight turns?

    My 2006 RXP will bog down and loose power if I spin out or something. I have to straighten the ski up and after going in a straight line for a hundred yards or so all power comes back and its normal again...


    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Laxcrazy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manahwakin
    Posts
    611
    +1
    7
    limp mode bog down? or not sucking a enough water bog down?

  3. #3
    WOT 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Palm City, FL
    Posts
    1,147
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    limp mode bog down? or not sucking a enough water bog down?
    Possibly limp mode from low oil

  4. #4
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    or Faulty TOPS sensor??

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    or Faulty TOPS sensor??

    This is my what my gut is telling me.

    Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    Possibly limp mode from low oil
    Its not from low oil and its not displaying anything on the screen about limp mode...

  6. #6
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    If you do enough 'spinnies' and stuff, the engines got hot and will sometimes beep at you ... these skis don't really 'like' doing donuts and stuff.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    If you do enough 'spinnies' and stuff, the engines got hot and will sometimes beep at you ... these skis don't really 'like' doing donuts and stuff.

    I don't think that is the case. It happens if i one do one or two and it never happened before.

  8. #8
    maestro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    139
    Where was your fuel lever?
    I had an a experience of bogging down while high speed turns with low level fuel
    That happens once. After that never left my fuel level too low and no problem at all.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Where was your fuel lever?
    I had an a experience of bogging down while high speed turns with low level fuel
    That happens once. After that never left my fuel level too low and no problem at all.
    Its happened more than one time and as far as I remember it didn't matter what the fuel level was.

    It almost feels like the waterbox is full of water and has to empty some of it out before the engine can run right....

  10. #10
    WOT 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Palm City, FL
    Posts
    1,147
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    Its happened more than one time and as far as I remember it didn't matter what the fuel level was.

    It almost feels like the waterbox is full of water and has to empty some of it out before the engine can run right....
    You can actually get your ski to spin out ... I tried it once, ended up with a 3-4 minute swim and a nose full of water.. Thats about the only thing I miss about the two stroke skis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2005 RXT bogging down on turns
    By ndarimont in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 09:28 PM
  2. GPR bogs down when turning hard right...
    By cmgww in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
  3. Bogging down when turning ?
    By soulraver in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 08:10 AM
  4. Gp1200r engine boging down during accerlation and hard to start!!!! help!
    By jankyxl800 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 01:03 PM
  5. Engine bogging down
    By fdesorme in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •