Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha gpr pissing me off, help!!!!!!

Ok guys, I'm confused here. I've owned several pwc's in my time (mostly yamaha's) and this particular issue has me stumped. I have a 00 yamaha gpr1200 with 30 hours on it. She sure is pretty without a scratch on her, but she is getting on my nerves. When I slow down the waverunner rocks left to right,like it would if you are just sitting in the water with the motor off with big waves coming at you, except, its when its just running slowly,and there are no waves AT ALL coming!!! Any ideas guys? I've never had a waverunner rocking back and forth, left to right at 10mph unless there are waves coming, and this is not the case. It has done this the past two times I have taken it out. The trim cable is locked up to where I can only select 3 different positions, could that have something do do with it? Once again, where it has been ridden is early in the morning with no waves, and no other boat traffic to cause disturbance in the water. I'm seriously confused and feeling like an idiot.

+1
    normal......also known as the GPR Happy Dance.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ht=happy+dance

So this shouldn't be seen as a problem? This is normal,correct? In other words there isn't anything wrong with my waverunner? At full speed (there is a problem with that too) it doesn't do it. It seems to be after I let out of the throttle and slow down to 10mph or so.

It is 100% normal with the gpr hull

+1
    It's telling you that your riding to slow...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    It's telling you that your riding to slow...

I don't like riding slow. I had my fiance on the back with me. The deal was that I was going slow to a misfire. I replaced my fuel filter with a napa filter due to the local yamaha dealer being closed that day. It was missing up to 60+ mph, so I headed back to shore before I got in a bad situation,thats when I noticed this. I'm assuming I just need a new yamaha fuel filter (how convenient, I just got off the phone with the nearest yamaha dealer and they are out of them) I idled back to shore at 8 mph. I honestly want to turn this thing into a fire breathing machine that will do 80+ mph. I've build my fair share of street machines (camaro's, transams,mustangs,etc) but I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to pwc's due to owning several of them and not having an interest (until now) to upgrade them. I've had 800hp street cars and everything inbetween, but not a highly modified pwc. ANY HELP ON DOING THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I have a recent riva cataloge and I see the stage two kit that makes it faster, but seriously I want to know what people do to get it to 80+mph.

+1
    I can almost guarantee you that your problem is NOT the fuel filter.
    My bet on a 2000 ski with only 30 hours is that your carbs need rebuilt. JMHO...

it worsens with 2 riders...

trim can effect the the wobble to an extent as does the oem ride plate...

+1
    step the sponsons and it may help a bit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information