someone describe overstuff to me

some one please describe an overstuff,, I always asumed it was the pump just not taking any more water due to to much water up the tunnel and the impeller could not expell water faster than the amount comming in?? If so how is that different than chopping the throttle which I do all the time on my other machines????Im asuming that if the water stops flowing in the tunnel at 60-70-80mph it would be like a flat bottom boat as the water at the tunnel entrance would be neutral in relation to the outlet nozel if so how could that cause a violent stopping of the ski unless the ski some how goes into some kind of reverse around the impeller flow,, please explain this to me as Im old and stupid???????

+1
    Grate and tunnel size are shooving more water into the pump then it can process at speed. This can cause the ski to bounce or buck. Some much worse then others.

+1
    It literally bunny hops from the back. You can feel it pop loose and then back down. First time you feel it you think you ran something over.

I understand the pump cant take any more water but why would the ski come to a sudden stop enough to launch a rider off at over 70mph??? I guess I don't understand what is actually stopping the ski so fast??? why dont you get thrown off by chopping the throttle I do this at over 85mph on my RXP??? and I don't get tossed??

Bill,, so you are saying that the ski actually nose dives so hard that it pitches the rider over the bars,, and I keep hearing that the FZR goes immediately left or right ,,WHY I must be dumb that I can't envision this!!!!! I can picture the bucking or porpoising but a sudden stop so violent your off in the air????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Grate and tunnel size are shooving more water into the pump then it can process at speed. This can cause the ski to bounce or buck. Some much worse then others.
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately...

I will say that although my speeds were not what I wanted, when I went to the 160mm prop and liner (only), the ski felt so much more planted and confidence inspiring. I wasn't sure if it was the JD sponsons or the pump (haven't been doing this shtuff forever like most on this forum). Specifically, when I would cross a wake I wouldn't even feel it. Not the case in the past.

Still not totally sure which mod made the change but the pump has to help keep it glued to the water.

+1
    pretty sure its all the extra water in the tunnel that stops the ski. It literally has no where to go so it acts like a brake. Thats why the different angles on on the grates seem to help. The less agressive ones dont allow as much water.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    What happens when a ski stuffs is it kinda burps out of the grate,tunnel and lifts the ass end of the ski, and pushes the bow down, with the strakes and keel which ever way there is more weight leaning to one side the ski goes the opposite direction of the weight and you continue on in the direction you and the ski WERE traveling..........the old zxi 900 Kawis was a prime example of this, you would be running along just fine....then you go airborne and water summer saulting..........

thanks TN250/mbtd now I understand the word BURP put it all together for me,, R+D grate mut be the right amount of flow for the pump,,, then and the RIVA mut be to much???? I know on the rxp the riva grate is almost 4mph faster than my r+d but the riva grate is to loose on top end , we will see on my fzr as I only have the r+d

Thread Information