Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

putting bov on riva intercooler question

i just got a hks bov even with the right tool i couldnt get the ring on dam thing is so tight to the hull is there a easier way to get it on?

+1
    this is on my sho

I fight those damn things and the easiest way I know is to place whatever the bov is going into in a vise so you don't have to mess with holding it secure. Usually, then I can get the snap ring in without too much problem. Also, good snap ring pliers just can't be beat!

+1
    My advice:

• You need those special looking pliers (don't know the name, but the ones to grab snap ring)
    • Put the BOV on before you put your RIVA Intercooler in the boat
    You should not be able to turn it once it is properly installed. My BOV blew off during my first race at Parker, AZ. I heard a loud sound hitting my seat and my boat would not go above 5000 RPM. Opened it up and looked inside and my BOV was missing. The vacuum tube was still attached.

You have to get it on there good. I think you need two people to do the job right. One person pushing down on it and one person trying to get that snap ring thing to open up all the way. I put it on once it was in the boat, which made things twice as hard.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I fight those damn things and the easiest way I know is to place whatever the bov is going into in a vise so you don't have to mess with holding it secure. Usually, then I can get the snap ring in without too much problem. Also, good snap ring pliers just can't be beat!

the intercooler is in the ski and theres no room in there i got the good pliers just cant seem to get the ring all the way on

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    My advice:

• You need those special looking pliers (don't know the name, but the ones to grab snap ring)
    • Put the BOV on before you put your RIVA Intercooler in the boat
    You should not be able to turn it once it is properly installed. My BOV blew off during my first race at Parker, AZ. I heard a loud sound hitting my seat and my boat would not go above 5000 RPM. Opened it up and looked inside and my BOV was missing. The vacuum tube was still attached.

You have to get it on there good. I think you need two people to do the job right. One person pushing down on it and one person trying to get that snap ring thing to open up all the way. I put it on once it was in the boat, which made things twice as hard.
    howd u go about gettin it on when it was in the ski man its a pain almost had it all the way on and the back wasnt all the way in

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    the intercooler is in the ski and theres no room in there i got the good pliers just cant seem to get the ring all the way on
    You need another person if it is in the boat. Have them push down on it. You get the ring in place. Hopefully it snaps open. If it does not open all the way, but it is in place...(I had this issue), then take a flat head screwdriver and hammer. And tap on it to try to make it spread. Tap one side...then move your screw driver and tap the other side. Until it opens all the way. You know it is on there properly when you cannot move the BOV by hand.

+1
    i bought a hks bov from the store but it didnt come with a ring im reusing the ring that was with my other bov is this the right one?its not suppose to move at all when installed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6011489 (2).JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	191308  

Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    i bought a hks bov from the store but it didnt come with a ring im reusing the ring that was with my other bov is this the right one?its not suppose to move at all when installed?

It should not moved freely, but you may be able to move it with effort.

+1
    It looks like the right one. I know then your looking at the ring, you can see that one side is suppose to be up and the other side down. It is hard to explain, but hopefully you understand. You have to make sure it is turned the proper side up. It should not move at all once it is in. Well...I can't speak about others, but when I first installed it...I could move it by hand. It was a little hard to move. So I thought it was in their good...and I was wrong. Now I have it in there...and it does not rotate at all.

I had another person helping me. As they pushed it down...the BOV, I got the ring in place. Tapped it on the end to make it spread all the way open. It took many tries.

I am not sure if those rings are one size fits all, but it looks the right size. But I cannot tell if it is the same as the one RIVA ships. Worse case, call RIVA and order that ring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information