Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seadoo Shop doesnt know how to fix my RXT...Oil Warning alarm

prob fixed I THINK
    Last edited by kaorder1999; 06-03-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Banned User
    Never take it back to them again!!!!! Find a new dealer!!!!!!!!!!

nm
    Last edited by kaorder1999; 06-03-2010 at 11:12 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorder1999 View Post
    Do I ask for money back? What?
    hell yeah!

+1
    Check the oil level.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Check the oil level.
    Seadoo dealership did an oil change and service in November and just did it again just recently in order to make sure it was done properly by the previous service guy.

Computer was hooked up to it and supposedly, even though the maint line is coming on, its not kicking out ANY codes!

+1
    Its sounds like your dealer does not know what they are doing, why would you trust them to put in the right amount of oil? The reason I say this is because I have been in your shoes. My ex dealer installed a brand new long block in my old RXT and only put 2 quarts of oil in it. After a little bit of riding, if I leaned the ski over to far, it would give the oil alarm.

+1
    What I am trying to say is if you have doubt's about the dealer, then dont trust them for anything. Even the most basic stuff.

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorder1999 View Post
    Seadoo dealership did an oil change and service in November and just did it again just recently in order to make sure it was done properly by the previous service guy.

Computer was hooked up to it and supposedly, even though the maint line is coming on, its not kicking out ANY codes!
    A low oil pressure input does not store a "code" on the earlier model craft (pre 06 I think).

It will need a new pressure switch on the side of the block (420856530), the ECU ignores this input @ low RPM so they don't throw low oil pressure warnings at idle when the pressure is fluctuating. If it does the error in a deceleration then it is more than likely that the pressure switch is activating at too high a pressure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by one1one View Post
    A low oil pressure input does not store a "code" on the earlier model craft (pre 06 I think).

It will need a new pressure switch on the side of the block (420856530), the ECU ignores this input @ low RPM so they don't throw low oil pressure warnings at idle when the pressure is fluctuating. If it does the error in a deceleration then it is more than likely that the pressure switch is activating at too high a pressure.
    +1 this is what I would say I have seen alot of problems with the pressure sensor on our race boats,

Also on my pals race RXPX his SCer was spitting alot of oil which was taking the oil level down and causing issues with oil codes and limp mode. I know that they are supposed to have re-built the SCer but just take the outlet hose off and make sure you are not losing oil there.

Check your oil level!! Use a spirit level on the rub rail of the ski and get it level, with the engine warm let it idle for 30 secs, then turn it off and let it sit for 30 secs, then test it should be half way between the the marks on the dip stick, between half and full is fine you may just lose a little RPMs

R88

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information