msx 150 problem limited RPM's

I just got done doing a lot of work to a msx 150. Watercraft was orgianly rolled and got oil in the intake. I got the whole intake cleaned out and installed new map sensor's. Had the ECU reflashed. I took it out for a test ride and at first it wouldnt go over 5 mph because the heat sensor was flashing. I disconnected the wire the goes the the sensor in the manifold and the light went off and I checked to make sure it was not really overheating. So now I can get out of the no wake zone and get the ski up to about 5000 RPM and around 30-35 mph but thats it. I took the ski to a polaris dealer to have the ecu scanned and it came back with "high open load". Anyone got any ideas?

I just picked it back up and have the dital wrench print out. The two codes it triped were P1260 (Injector (PTO cylinder) open load) P1263 (Injector (MAG cylinder) open load).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by burton9010 View Post
    I just picked it back up and have the dital wrench print out. The two codes it triped were P1260 (Injector (PTO cylinder) open load) P1263 (Injector (MAG cylinder) open load).
    From DW:

Can be caused by a Faulty Injector, Damaged Wiring or Connector Terminals or a Faulty ECU/Connections.

I would suggest you clean the main relay terminal for corrosion. The pos + side of the injectors draw current directly from the main relay terminal. This is a very strange problem. The trouble code says both injectors have issues and yet, the engine seems to run fine to 5,500rpm.

Do you have access to another ECU? If so, it would be worth trying to verify if your current unit is faulty or not. One injector could also be bad and could trip the code on the other injector because they share the same pos + wire & source.

I would suggest the following in order of relevance:

1-) clean the main relay terminal & connector.
    2-) test continuity between main relay terminal and injector pos + side.
    3-) replace both injectors.
    4-) try another ECU.

In conclusion I would say your speed will always be limited until such time you can run the engine without tripping any trouble code. You need to figure out what is going on with these injector circuits.

+1
    So did you try what we talked about today?

Codes sound like they are old and are common for someone unplugging the injectors and rolling the engine. He said they were historic codes...

No I couldnt try it yesterday I got stuck at work late and even missed two periods of the stanley cup haha. I am going to try to swing by the store today and pick up a boost gauage and head out to the lake today. Thanks again for all the help. I think I am starting to think to hard with these things and need to get back to the basics to find out whats wrong.

Can you please recap what you and 4stroke talked about? I am having a similar issue and should be getting my ski back with codes from the guy that looked at it with the digital wrench. He said he did not have time to look at it further which made me worried.

Thanks

I went back and looked over everything on the intake and looks like you were right. My house coming off the turbo was loose. I cant belive I overlooked that . I tighted it up and the thing ran like a champ. I hit a top speed of 68 mph and the ski pulls really hard. At the end of the day it started doing the same thing with only pulling about 5600 rpm's again. I looked at all the intake hoses at the lake but didnt see any that were loose. The only thing I am going to check today when I get home is if the 4 bolts that hold the throttle body on I hope its just leaking boost out of there.
    Thanks again for all the help guys.

MSX 150

I had the same thing, I will pull my service records and get back to you as I remember they marked it all down, it took 5 trips to the dealer but finally got it right...stand by

Quote Originally Posted by burton9010 View Post

After testing it again this week I belive one of the map sensors has gone bad again. I does not have a boost leak anywhere but is not letting the motor get boost. It also has a ertic idle now. I dont know how these map sensors got ruined as there is no oil in the intake anymore.

Thread Information