Thread: VTS Problems

VTS Problems

Hey guys. I have a 05 RXP. Last year my VTS worked fine. This year when I turned it on, The VTS bar on the gauge is not even there, and I am getting no response from it...Also when I plug in my Key the gauge reads, Sensor. Any ideas?

Does VTS actually work or is the display not reading correctly?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP_Noah View Post
    Hey guys. I have a 05 RXP. Last year my VTS worked fine. This year when I turned it on, The VTS bar on the gauge is not even there, and I am getting no response from it...Also when I plug in my Key the gauge reads, Sensor. Any ideas?
    Yep... off to the dealer you go for a buds reprogramming! Your ecu lost it's mind & is in GTX mode Let me guess... your battery was out for a while

Yes, my battery was out all winter. Bigdaddy, what do I have to do? Why does the dealer have to work on it?

+1
    Yes, my battery was out all winter. Bigdaddy, what do I have to do? Why does the dealer have to work on it?
    Your ECU lost it's mind due to the battery being removed for so long... It needs to be reset with the dealer software program, referred to as BUDS. It only takes them 2 minutes to doo it... don't let them rape you over it!

Alright thanks for the info. Ill take it to them. Thanks for the heads up and fast repsonse. Much appreciated.

+1
    I have a similar problem....

Mine is showing the little stick but it's all the way down...It was working great until sunday....I also had a dead battery and replaced it a couple months ago....do you think its an ECU problem as well?

Also...After I noticed it wasn't going up I clicked it down and it went all the way down but when I went to go up it doesn't work...now it's stuck in the down position.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I have a similar problem....

Mine is showing the little stick but it's all the way down...It was working great until sunday....I also had a dead battery and replaced it a couple months ago....do you think its an ECU problem as well?

Also...After I noticed it wasn't going up I clicked it down and it went all the way down but when I went to go up it doesn't work...now it's stuck in the down position.
    You have a different issue!... as I posted about on your thread. If the ECU is "lost"... you will not have anything in your trim display. The ECU seems to default over time with the battery removed to GTX settings... and a GTX doesn't have trim. Thats why the option is missing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    You have a different issue!... as I posted about on your thread. If the ECU is "lost"... you will not have anything in your trim display. The ECU seems to default over time with the battery removed to GTX settings... and a GTX doesn't have trim. Thats why the option is missing.
    I know, I was just wondering since he mentioned the dead battery...i'm about to take the VTS motor out now and see if it works. Thanks

+1
    Alright thanks for the info. Ill take it to them. Thanks for the heads up and fast repsonse. Much appreciated.
    The dealer just did this for me a few weeks ago and only charged $20 pretty fair I thought.

OBJ

Thread Information