!!!SOUTH FLA. TUNNERS!!! any advice???

Hello Everyone!!!

Ok, just got an 01 gpr1200 all stock except for D-Plate/Chip and clips in the powervalves.I live in South Florida.Was wondering if anyone can help me set up my carbs correctly as far as jetting and S&D? I would appreciate all the help possible.Thanks in advance to ALL...

I just finished rebuilding carbs.(mikuni OEM parts)
    Acc pump Gone
    Chokes Gone (Primer Installed)
    Restrictor drilled out to 1/8th
    Still running Oil Pump
    Dual fuel p/u to carbs and tank with 2 OEM filters.
    Modified lower air box and all restricting tubing removed
    Fuel selector is also eliminated and replaced for fuel pressure gauge

Looking to find out what jets/seat/needle and restrictor jet will
    go good with this set up? also I need some help as per High & Low
    setting?

What made you decide to go with the modified lower airbox instead of flame arrestors?only reason i'm asking is because the i dont think the testing with the stock airbox is finalised so i dont think you'll get any specific 'recipes' or numbers just yet.I also wonder why you still decide to leave the oil pump in?

going with the modified airbox mod due to $ at the moment since I had to spend on other things trying to get it back in shape again.

as per the oil pump, i dediced to leave for the future buyer incase they dont like premix. Would leaving the oil pump cause any performance downfall? I undertand it's a form of security for the engine, but not sure
    if this will cause any issue with the mods i've done so far...any advice?
    thnks for gettin back.

I had found a thread on here from a guy name Chris in Jersey about the modified airbox, he posted his results, but not sure of his exhaust set up and also being that he is in Jersey and me in South Fla. don't know much different my set up will be.

if the oil line comes off any of the cyl bye bye motor

yep, but am still thinking of illiminating it, not sure yet.Depends on what feedback I get on here will determine which route I will take with the oil pump.

You'll get alot of input on the oil pump debate,i know alot of guys on here still running them but they make sure there is enough slack in the lines and they are very secure on all the joins,personally,mine is is the trash.

It may even be worthwhile posting a wtb for adapters and filters cause they can be costly,i'm sure someone will have some laying in their garage,and then going for the recommended jetting specs.I was at these crosssroads once before and was left no other choice but to buy filters.
    What have you had to do to get it back into shape and what is your current setup?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1 View Post
    You'll get alot of input on the oil pump debate,i know alot of guys on here still running them but they make sure there is enough slack in the lines and they are very secure on all the joins,personally,mine is is the trash.

It may even be worthwhile posting a wtb for adapters and filters cause they can be costly,i'm sure someone will have some laying in their garage,and then going for the recommended jetting specs.I was at these crosssroads once before and was left no other choice but to buy filters.
    What have you had to do to get it back into shape and what is your current setup?
    lol true the best thing u can do is throw it away start with that ull feel better

Gaz1,

about the oil pump, possibly going to eliminate.As per the F/A and adapters I might just do what you are telling me on WTB becasue they
    are definitly not in the budget at this moment

Now, the setup is currently all stock except (d-plate/chip/powervalve clips), nothing else has been touched.Had to clean it up a bit, ski was sitting for a while in back of some rich man's boat, so had some rusty screws,seized up throttle and trim cables and ofcourse carb issues that I
    had to deal with, other than that, ski is great, even compression an all cylinders and cosmetics are good being that it's an 01.

Chamel,

most likely I will end up getting rid of it as I see people are anti oil pump here,lol, but I don't blame anyone for being safe, so might just go that route.Thanks for the input.

Well fellows, i have decided to go with Riva flame arresters...Anyone have jetting and N/S specs for this setup?
    Last edited by PwRToyZ; 06-06-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Thread Information