96 -787 xp limp mode

the ski keeps going into limp mode im guessing. it revs fine runs great then does it out of no where barely goes but idles fine. turn off then start back up runs fine then it does it again , i replaced the brain, new key, oil level sensor, still does it after putting the new brain it took a while to do it versus doing it right away with the old brain and key. It is not a fuel problem im positive its the ignition system.

+1
    That system is not sophisticated enough to have an actual limp mode. When you changed the MPEM was it a new one, or a used one?

+1
    you have a bad rectifier. do a search on here using the word "rectifier." theres tons of threads on this topic. its a simple fix but it sounds like you have already spent some $$$ on parts.

it was out of one of my other bikes worked fine in it before i took it out and then i put it back in the bike after testing it and it worked fine so not the brain. i will definately look in to the rectifire thanks hopefully it will fix it. they actually do have a limp mode in them for over heat etc.. but hard to get them to go into it
    oh you are talking about the voltage regulator.? ive already replaced that

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    you have a bad rectifier. do a search on here using the word "rectifier." theres tons of threads on this topic. its a simple fix but it sounds like you have already spent some $$$ on parts.
    +1

This is it.

Quote Originally Posted by sr240 View Post
    they actually do have a limp mode in them for over heat etc.. but hard to get them to go into it

As a previous poster said, there is no limp mode on these skis.

Now if you are talking about "limp mode = seizing", that is a different subject, LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    +2...
    To be sure you can disconnect the red wire for the rectifier, the one that goes to the MPEM. If the problem ceases order a new rectifier. Keep in mind this disables the charging so it should be a quick test...

Thread Information