Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mods??

mods??

Hey im new here, i live in australia and have a 05 rxp. next service im looking to mod the ski but nothing extreme, i only have a intake grate and im looking at getting a air filter kit, replacing the slightly damaged impeller and possibly getting a pump wedge, which is basically the stage 1 kit from riva. do these changes affect the ski much and are they worth it?
    also for further down the track, should i remove the opas.. the ski does bounce a fair bit at high speeds and i heard removing these will eliminate that (but also allow other mods like thru hull exhaust etc..), but i dont race the ski and the opas apparently slow you down off throttle is it really worth the gain? if i remove them i think i might be in trouble if i need to slow the ski fast and nothing happens
    p.s. whats WOT?
    thanks.. cya

+1
    Shift,
    With the mods your gonna do and the mods you have already done you will notice better acceleration and more top speed.If your gonna stay with the Stage 1 get the solas 14/19r prop that seems to be the prop for this setup.Definatly remove the opas ..I havent curently removed mine yet but everybody that has says that with the RE block offs the porposing is almost eliminated which makes for a more enjoyable ride in my opinion..Definatly worth every bit..
    And WOT=Wide Open Throttle .. Good luck..

Snoman
    Last edited by Snoman; 09-26-2006 at 05:24 AM.

Get a wedge

The best thing I did was get a 2.25 deg wedge for my couch. It cut my speed a bit but handling in choppy water, like we have a lot here in Florida, was greatly improved.

I did the other stage 1 stuff but I removed the Riva power filter intake and replaced it with a 4" intake running to the front of the ski. I replaced the wear ring and got new impeller for great accelleration but not much speed improvement. I'm still waiting to do the OPAS trick.

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

removing the opas.. i remember seeing that they dont recomend removing it for recreational use, why do they suggest that?
    also porpoising would be worse with the ski trimmed up (front of the ski higher), right? i ride with the trim completly up all the time unless i decide to rip up some big turn ,
    but porpising is pretty bad alot of the time, do the fins drop down lower into the water when the ski is on?, when i flush it they stay up but they would be pretty useless in that position. if i get the opas removed is it easy and cheap to put back on?

also any other bolt on mods that improve performance and are worth it?, that power cooler seems pretty neat but i think u need a thru hull exhaust for that..

+1
    RXP opas doesn`t drop. Remove them so you don`t break your wrists.

aight thanks hoss, im going to look into removing them (not me), im pretty convinced now it will free room up for some more go fast options what blockoffs are good? does it make a difference at all on what they are?

edit: do the opas slow top speed?, they would create more friction right
    Last edited by SHIFT; 09-28-2006 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFT
    aight thanks hoss, im going to look into removing them (not me), im pretty convinced now it will free room up for some more go fast options what blockoffs are good? does it make a difference at all on what they are?

edit: do the opas slow top speed?, they would create more friction right
    if you got the money get the RE'S from jerrys store i dont have them but ive read that from multiple people that there the best

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=352

forget the wedge u have trim
    r&e block off will get ride of the bounce
    therefore increase speed lol

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket
    forget the wedge u have trim
    That makes no sense. The gains the wedge produces cannot be matched by trimming up the nozzle. The pump loses efficiency if you go more than 2 notches above neutral on the RXP. So if you go above that you will loose speed.

The wedge is placed between the stator and venturi nozzle which trims up the bow more for top speed without sacrificing pump efficiency. However, even with the wedge you will lose speed if you set the trim at more than two notches above neutral.

And the wedge setup can be improved with the addition of the VTS extension rod. That way your holeshot will be just as good and you will have the full trim range.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 09-29-2006 at 07:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information