Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pre mix questions

OK ITS BEEN ASKED OVER AND OVER AGIN BUT I NEED SOME HELP .AYWAYS IM TRYING TO FIND A CHEAPER BUT JUST AS EFECTIVE OIL FOR MY 01 1200 XL AT THE CURRENT RATE WHICH IS PREMIX 32:1 WITH YAMALUBE THAT I CAN ONLY GET FROM THE DEALER ITS COSTING ME $100 EVERY 2 HOURS TO RIDE NOW IM PAYING ABOUT 40 A GALLON FOR THE OIL I HAVE READ THAT I SHOULD USE SYNTHETIC ONLY ON ACCT OF THE CAT I FOUND SOME
    PENZOIL PREMIUM OUTBOARD AND MULTI-PURPOSE TWO-CYCLE OIL
    NMMA Certified TC-W3
    ®
    IT HOWEVER DOESNT SAY FOR PWC'S BUT EVERY THING I FOUND SAYS ITS TJHE SAME OIL I FOUND A GREAT DEAL ON IT BUT I CAN ONLY GET IT FOR A LITTLE BIT AT THE PRICE IF ITS GOOD OIL I WAS GONNA GRAB ENOUGH TO GET THROU THE SUMMER PLEASE HELP

ALSO THE GUY AT THE MARINA THAT I DONT TRUST SAID TO MIX IT 50:1 ITL BE OKAY WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT?

THANKS

load of bullshit mate
    just use TCW-3

the long term effects are not scientifically verified and the gospel gropers have no foundation.

the catalytic converter will not adverse your change.

TCW3 oil is for outboards, so if you have an outboard on your ski, use it. If you don't, I'd recommend something made for high output 2 strokes...that would be ISO/JASO certified oil.

So as long as the oil is jaso certfied its good oil correct

+1

Pre mix questions

Quote Originally Posted by FASTRTHNU2 View Post
    So as long as the oil is jaso certfied its good oil correct
    You have an expensive toy. Is it worth risking an expensive repair to save a few pennies?

There is no way it costs $200 to run your ski for 2 hours. And if you did enough major mods to get to that point, you know better than to use cheap oil.

Use a high quality oil like Amsoil, Klotz, etc. Get rid of the Yamaglue oil.

Why are you using a 32:1 ratio? 40:1 should be plenty for these skis.

Well Amsoil isn't JASO/ISO/API certified...
    I've been using $10-12/gal JASO/ISO oil in my skis/snowmobiles (all modded and beat on) for years....NEVER have I had an oil related failure. But if spending $30+/gal on oil makes you feel better, by all means, do it. There IS a such thing as "cheap, good" oil and more expensive does NOT necessarily mean better.

+1

Pre mix questions

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    Well Amsoil isn't JASO/ISO/API certified...
    I've been using $10-12/gal JASO/ISO oil in my skis/snowmobiles (all modded and beat on) for years....NEVER have I had an oil related failure. But if spending $30+/gal on oil makes you feel better, by all means, do it. There IS a such thing as "cheap, good" oil and more expensive does NOT necessarily mean better.
    More expensive doesn't always mean better, but the $28 a gallon on Amsoil Interceptor is well worth it in my eyes. It's a great full synthetic oil.

If you want to run cheap oil go right ahead. I'm sticking with a proven product.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    More expensive doesn't always mean better, but the $28 a gallon on Amsoil Interceptor is well worth it in my eyes. It's a great full synthetic oil.

If you want to run cheap oil go right ahead. I'm sticking with a proven product.
    +1 My 200 hour crank run with KLOTZ looked like new when I pulled the motor down No dis colorization that must be a good thing

Actually i said $100 every 2 hours and my ski doesnt have any engine mods the onbly thing it has is a scoopgrate a seal kit and a solas and a new housing with removable liner
    but the problem isnt the money as much as i would like to find an oil i could get locally theres not a yamha ski dealer withn 45 mins of my house and not one within 1 hour of were i ride and i cant find a store that carries yamalube but i did some more research yeterday and found out that citgos name is on the msds for yamalube some more research found that the only ski oil they make for them selves is sea and sonw wich appears to be the same oil does any one know if lucas carries a pwc oil for our skis we run there 2 strock in the sprint cars and i could probaly get a good deal on a couple cases of it if they make some

+1

Pre mix questions

Quote Originally Posted by FASTRTHNU2 View Post
    Actually i said $100 every 2 hours and my ski doesnt have any engine mods the onbly thing it has is a scoopgrate a seal kit and a solas and a new housing with removable liner
    but the problem isnt the money as much as i would like to find an oil i could get locally theres not a yamha ski dealer withn 45 mins of my house and not one within 1 hour of were i ride and i cant find a store that carries yamalube but i did some more research yeterday and found out that citgos name is on the msds for yamalube some more research found that the only ski oil they make for them selves is sea and sonw wich appears to be the same oil does any one know if lucas carries a pwc oil for our skis we run there 2 strock in the sprint cars and i could probaly get a good deal on a couple cases of it if they make some
    Amsoil will ship to your house. And you pay wholesale costs if you become a preferred custmer and pay the $10 6 month membership fee. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information