Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1

Supercharger clutch faliure stats

guys as you know ive blown my clutch on my sho, ive been doing a bit of research and ive also had a few pm,s. with concerning discusions
    what i want to know here is
    has your clutch gone?
    at what hrs did it go?
    what were you doing when it went?
    what mods do you have?
    hopefully if you post up your results this will give everybody a better understanding of what and when and how these clutches are going, obviously there will be an upgrade in time to come but as of now there is no upgrade..and i know of a few people now that are in the same boat as me.
    heres mine.

HRS WHEN CLUTCH FAILED 62.3
    RIDING CONDITIONS WHEN IT WENT. smooth water, jumping wash of back of boat, roughly 4ft jump.
    WHAT HAPPENED? i felt loss of power on 3rd jump, was not big jump would only rev to 6000rpm heard very slight bang, suspected charger shaft at first
    MODS ON SKI.. as per my signature, all mods have been on the ski for 37hrs prior to clutch faliure.

Maybe add typical riding conditions as well. I am sure that most clutch failures are due to long term riding conditions and not always specific to the condition/action at the time of the failure.
    Interested in the responses.

+1

Thumbs up My clutch failure!!!

Hi there bud,

As you all know I have a full RIVA STSAGE III kit. I started complaining about RPMS loss about three hours ago, then it finally went. I now have 50 hours, I started noticing a growling noise when I turn off the motor instead of the nice smooth deceleration of the super charger impeller coming to a stop at around 49 hours. It fail as I came to a stop riding on the ocean on a two foot chop, then I pulled on the throttle and there was nothing, It only revs to 5500 RPMS. This happened over Memorial day weekend, I have it already took the clutch out and got a new one. I'm putting it back together tonight, It is a very simple swap... I will post my new speeds results. Take care, Julio..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...4&d=1275534752

+1
    I am having mine changed out next week. I am having the same problem as abracadabra. When I shut my ski down it sounds like something is dragging almost instead of spininning smoothly. How much speed did you lose when you were having this problem? I seem to be down about 200 rpms and a few mph. I'm hoping that by fixing this I'll gain my speed back.

+1

Thumbs up my clutch failure!!!

I mostly do fresh water riding, lots of river riding with excessive turns and stops and go ...

+1

Thumbs up Speed loss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    I am having mine changed out next week. I am having the same problem as abracadabra. When I shut my ski down it sounds like something is dragging almost instead of spininning smoothly. How much speed did you lose when you were having this problem? I seem to be down about 200 rpms and a few mph. I'm hoping that by fixing this I'll gain my speed back.
    I'm right at those numbers, I even installed a digital tach and a boost gauge to cross reference. I'm feeling better now about getting my RPMS back Take care and good luck, Julio...

+1
    [QUOTE=abracadabra;1450249]Hi there bud,

As you all know I have a full RIVA STSAGE III kit. I started complaining about RPMS loss about three hours ago, then it finally went. I now have 50 hours, I started noticing a growling noise when I turn off the motor instead of the nice smooth deceleration of the super charger impeller coming to a stop at around 49 hours. It fail as I came to a stop riding on the ocean on a two foot chop, then I pulled on the throttle and there was nothing, It only revs to 5500 RPMS. This happened over Memorial day weekend, I have it already took the clutch out and got a new one. I'm putting it back together tonight, It is a very simple swap... I will post my new speeds results. Take care, Julio..

wooah, this is the same noise i have been hearing for the last 3-4 hrs riding, and come to think of it last time i rode before the day it went i noticed a dragging banging noise when i flushed it out
    90% of my riding is aggresive short snaps on the throttle

has your clutch gone? No
    at what hrs did it go? 180 hours on Ski
    what were you doing when it went? N/A
    what mods do you have? MoTec, E1 S/C, 1k cc injectors, etc...

My went with 9 hours on the ski, two of those with Motec.
    R&D pro stock kit.
    Broke down under CC practice.
    I keep a spare clutch in reserve.

+1
    christian how many times has your clutch gone?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information