Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Running Jet Ski out of water for oil change with Water hose Hookup

I have not seen this if it has been posted before sorry.

I am wanting to change the oil in my 2009 Sea-Doo GTI SE 130. I have already read the FAQ on changing the oil and the only thing i am not sure of is how to hook a water hose up to it so i go run it the required time to heat and move the oil to be removed. Or is this necessary?

I bought this pump: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160414122504

I bought it used and only got the keys with it no other attachments.

Here is the FAQ i am using: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

Thanks in Advance!

Gary

+1
    In the pump cavity there is what looks like a tube coming straight back off the pump support to the upper right that you screw the hose to. I run mine on the hose to warm it up when changing the oil. I also put some water in the hull to help keep the carbon ring cool. hth

+1
    I just looked at the pump you linked and let me tell you...you will have one heck of a rough time to drain that oil out. I used a pump very similar to that and ended up breaking 3 of them.

If I where you I wouldn't cut corners and buy the pump off Jerry's store...I just did my oil change with it a week ago and WOW, that thing is amazing. It does the work fo you, you just give it a couple pumps and it creates a vacumm of some sort and pumps the oil out while you can be working on your ski like I was or just kicking back and having a beer.

It's a little more expensive but one il change and it pays for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I just looked at the pump you linked and let me tell you...you will have one heck of a rough time to drain that oil out. I used a pump very similar to that and ended up breaking 3 of them.

If I where you I wouldn't cut corners and buy the pump off Jerry's store...I just did my oil change with it a week ago and WOW, that thing is amazing. It does the work fo you, you just give it a couple pumps and it creates a vacumm of some sort and pumps the oil out while you can be working on your ski like I was or just kicking back and having a beer.

It's a little more expensive but one il change and it pays for itself.
    Is this the one you are referring to? http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ike609 View Post
    Is this the one you are referring to? http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864
    Yup!

+1
    I use the same pump.

Have the pump that Jerry sells. Works awesome.

+1
    Ditto, on Jerry's pump. Very well built piece of equipment - expect years of service from it.

BTW, I almost did a DIY flush kit for hooking up the garden hose, but then I fig. everybody knows how... It's just that if you have large hands, getting the garden hose connected can be a small PITA. And I think the SeaDoo flush kits are almost $30.00, while mine cost about $6.00 from the local hardware. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot some pix/directions your way.

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Ditto, on Jerry's pump. Very well built piece of equipment - expect years of service from it.

BTW, I almost did a DIY flush kit for hooking up the garden hose, but then I fig. everybody knows how... It's just that if you have large hands, getting the garden hose connected can be a small PITA. And I think the SeaDoo flush kits are almost $30.00, while mine cost about $6.00 from the local hardware. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot some pix/directions your way.
    I hooked up a quick disconnect to it so i just plug and unplug it! I use the heavy ones they use to sell at home depot . for some reason the new ones they sell feel like aluminum foil. Is there any reason to remove the quick disconnect connector when not in use? I have ran it 2 times with it on there and it seemed fine but i did not put my hand near the jet while it was running.

I also ordered Jerry's pump on friday! I think i will just wait and put the original pump i ordered off ebay up as a last resort. And use Jerry's pump when it comes in! sounds like it will be worth the wait!!!!

+1
    The manual says, "CAUTION: Remove quick disconnect adapter after flushing operation (if used)."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information