Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Exclamation Running Jet Ski out of water for oil change with Water hose Hookup

    I have not seen this if it has been posted before sorry.

    I am wanting to change the oil in my 2009 Sea-Doo GTI SE 130. I have already read the FAQ on changing the oil and the only thing i am not sure of is how to hook a water hose up to it so i go run it the required time to heat and move the oil to be removed. Or is this necessary?

    I bought this pump: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160414122504

    I bought it used and only got the keys with it no other attachments.

    Here is the FAQ i am using: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

    Thanks in Advance!

    Gary


  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    In the pump cavity there is what looks like a tube coming straight back off the pump support to the upper right that you screw the hose to. I run mine on the hose to warm it up when changing the oil. I also put some water in the hull to help keep the carbon ring cool. hth

  3. #3
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    I just looked at the pump you linked and let me tell you...you will have one heck of a rough time to drain that oil out. I used a pump very similar to that and ended up breaking 3 of them.

    If I where you I wouldn't cut corners and buy the pump off Jerry's store...I just did my oil change with it a week ago and WOW, that thing is amazing. It does the work fo you, you just give it a couple pumps and it creates a vacumm of some sort and pumps the oil out while you can be working on your ski like I was or just kicking back and having a beer.

    It's a little more expensive but one il change and it pays for itself.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I just looked at the pump you linked and let me tell you...you will have one heck of a rough time to drain that oil out. I used a pump very similar to that and ended up breaking 3 of them.

    If I where you I wouldn't cut corners and buy the pump off Jerry's store...I just did my oil change with it a week ago and WOW, that thing is amazing. It does the work fo you, you just give it a couple pumps and it creates a vacumm of some sort and pumps the oil out while you can be working on your ski like I was or just kicking back and having a beer.

    It's a little more expensive but one il change and it pays for itself.
    Is this the one you are referring to? http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864

  5. #5
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ike609 View Post
    Is this the one you are referring to? http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864
    Yup!

  6. #6
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    I use the same pump.

  7. #7
    Big K's son KeithKman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,735
    Have the pump that Jerry sells. Works awesome.

  8. #8
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,019
    +1
    308
    Ditto, on Jerry's pump. Very well built piece of equipment - expect years of service from it.

    BTW, I almost did a DIY flush kit for hooking up the garden hose, but then I fig. everybody knows how... It's just that if you have large hands, getting the garden hose connected can be a small PITA. And I think the SeaDoo flush kits are almost $30.00, while mine cost about $6.00 from the local hardware. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot some pix/directions your way.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Ditto, on Jerry's pump. Very well built piece of equipment - expect years of service from it.

    BTW, I almost did a DIY flush kit for hooking up the garden hose, but then I fig. everybody knows how... It's just that if you have large hands, getting the garden hose connected can be a small PITA. And I think the SeaDoo flush kits are almost $30.00, while mine cost about $6.00 from the local hardware. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot some pix/directions your way.
    I hooked up a quick disconnect to it so i just plug and unplug it! I use the heavy ones they use to sell at home depot . for some reason the new ones they sell feel like aluminum foil. Is there any reason to remove the quick disconnect connector when not in use? I have ran it 2 times with it on there and it seemed fine but i did not put my hand near the jet while it was running.

    I also ordered Jerry's pump on friday! I think i will just wait and put the original pump i ordered off ebay up as a last resort. And use Jerry's pump when it comes in! sounds like it will be worth the wait!!!!

  10. #10
    Blowout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    80
    +1
    3
    The manual says, "CAUTION: Remove quick disconnect adapter after flushing operation (if used)."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Well who makes the most reliable PWC/Jet Ski out of the Big Three Sea Doo, Kawasaki,
    By rod_rod in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 07:50 AM
  2. confused how to run a pwc out of water HELP
    By undertaker1 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 05:46 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
  4. running ski out of water.... *Questions*
    By HallPass in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
  5. running ski out of water.... *Questions*
    By HallPass in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •