+1

oil injection lines

Before I take my ski (99 GTX RFI) on it's first journey since the rebuild, I need to know if the oil lines should always have oil in them? During the rebuild I changed the in line filter, filled the oil injector lines with oil (I'm using Sea Doo full synthetic). I started my ski on the hose tonight (engine first, then water). With the engine idling I reached down and manually operated the pump (per the guy at the sea doo dealer) to help get the oil flowing. I can see the oil moving through the lines, but it doesn't seem to keep the oil injections lines filled. Should these lines be constantly filled with oil? After I shut down the ski (water then engine) the lines appear to have oil and air in them. Advise please!!

+1
    yes they should be full and airless. there is a tall nut on the front of the oil pump between the two line nipples. with the ski not running, take that nut out (its actually a small bolt with a tall head) and let the air bleed out. once oil starts to come out of it put the bolt back in and start her up. make sure the line fill and stay full. if they dont you have a problem.

+1
    Thanks! I'll give that a try tomorrow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    yes they should be full and airless. there is a tall nut on the front of the oil pump between the two line nipples. with the ski not running, take that nut out (its actually a small bolt with a tall head) and let the air bleed out. once oil starts to come out of it put the bolt back in and start her up. make sure the line fill and stay full. if they dont you have a problem.
    ok did the bleed procedure, the oil injection line that goes to the PTO side is full and stays full. The oil injection line on the mag side still has air in it. I've removed it several times and fill it manually and after I start the engine it empty's and the pump pushes oil up but still has lots of air. Bad pump? Why is one line full and the other not?

Those Oil Injection lines are 1.2mm inside diameter and crimped on,, how can you "fill them manually" ?

In any case. Run the engine on the hose to cool it while holding the Oil Pump Actuator WIDE OPEN. If you already bled off all the air inside the Oil Pump itself then you should only see 100% Oil "pulsing" through the Oil Injection Lines towards the Intake Manifold Oil Fittings. Those fittings have internal check valves which very very rarely stick so that is a possibility (albeit rare).

The Oil Pump itself is made by Mikuni and they rarely fail but when they do they usually fail WIDE OPEN. Be sure your MAG Oil Line has NO cracks or breaks in it which would allow air to enter. They tend to dry rot/crack around 7~10 years depending on maintenance and storage.

DvD

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Those Oil Injection lines are 1.2mm inside diameter and crimped on,, how can you "fill them manually" ?

In any case. Run the engine on the hose to cool it while holding the Oil Pump Actuator WIDE OPEN. If you already bled off all the air inside the Oil Pump itself then you should only see 100% Oil "pulsing" through the Oil Injection Lines towards the Intake Manifold Oil Fittings. Those fittings have internal check valves which very very rarely stick so that is a possibility (albeit rare).

The Oil Pump itself is made by Mikuni and they rarely fail but when they do they usually fail WIDE OPEN. Be sure your MAG Oil Line has NO cracks or breaks in it which would allow air to enter. They tend to dry rot/crack around 7~10 years depending on maintenance and storage.

DvD
    I replaced the oil injection lines when I rebuilt my engine. I have wire ties holding them in place. Do they have to be crimped? What I did was use a small oil can filled with See Doo synthetic oil and I fill the injection lines with that. Put the lines on then I used a wire tie to secure them. I bled the oil pump by removing the small bolt in the front until oil came out.

The injection line that goes to the mag side is full of oil when I run the engine. The line that goes to the mag side has oil spurting through it but not continuous. It has pockets of air (oil, air, oil, air). I have held the actuator wide open with the same results.

+1
    I went to the dealer and bought some OEM lines and that corrected the problem. I must have been sucking air into the line.

Thread Information