Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help, need the experts!! 2006 RXP Power Loss

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum, but love all the info that floats around here.......it's my new addiction.

I've got (2) 2006 RXP's. One is running perfectly. The other is brand new, and just rolled out of break-in (which I did very gently and as recommended) having about 13-14 hours on it. Over the past one hour or so it has been losing rpms and speed. It kinda starts off ok, but after riding for about 15-20 mins it won't go past 58-60 mph, and past 6200 rpms.
    I haven't done the oil change yet, but didn't think that would cause that. Also, already checked the plugs, coils, hoses. I even drained the gas, just in case water got in......last time we filled, my buddy wasn't sure if the gas cap was on tight enough. Cyclinder 3 seems to running a smidge rough or am not sure if maybe it's just the way that end of the engine usually feels. There aren't any codes pop-ing up. Can't really see any wear or problems to the impeller or wear ring, and like I said it starts off pretty much ok, but once it gets warm then starts acting weird.....all while the other is perfect.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan

S/C clutches

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Take it in for service and tell them what's going on I would suggest.

I would suggest that you don't run it at all until you get it looked at. Sounds like your supercharger could be acting up. But take it to the dealer you bought it from and get them to look at it. (Can you trust the dealer's service department to know what they are really doing? Many shouldn't even be in business in my opinion.)

+1
    Welcome to the forum!

6200 RPM's is usually the magic number for SC failure.

Get it looked at ASAP and don't continue to run that ski.

Also, i highly recommend you have the metal clutch washers installed in both of your skis immediately.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=390

thanks for all the help & Wow a lot of responses came in fast....

Once again, thanks for the welcome and the advice. My only thing that puzzles me is that it is so new. Hasn't been beat on........yet ......lol

I thought the 06 had better washers in there already? my only plans were maybe stage 1 to both ski's...........

Also, how come would the jet ski run semi-ok and then start acting up all together?

I was also wondering, how much is the discount given though the forum's store for all the mods?

thanks,

Jonathan

Its when i read posts like this that make me so happy that i found this forum cause if i didnt i would have this exact same problem. Props to Jerry for making this forum so informative and helpful, THANKS JERRY!!!

Hope you get everything fixed up, good luck john.

Still having issues, even after dealer looked at......

I took it in and had the dealer look at it......also, figured while they did have it let them do the 10 hour service.

As to the power loss they seemed to say the coil sticks were a little dirty and needed to be cleaned and greased. There was some arching in the spark and caused some power loss.

We took it out this weekend and it ran better right from the get-go, but then a little later than before........SAME THING It completely seems to be a heat related problem. After some hard riding, it now loses power and seems to even cut out all together. If then left alone for a little bit (to cool off) it then runs fine for a bit, and then same.......loss of low end power and top speed. BUT NEVER ANY CODES OR LIGHTS!!!

When the shop looked at it, they said it had great compression, plugs were good, but were replaced cause of the 10 hour, said fuel pressure was good, and supercharger didn't have any play.

One thing I noticed yesterday after running them, when I do the flush for about a minute at idle, the skid plate gets HOT very fast. The good running ski hardly gets warm, while the one acting up gets at least 10 times hotter in less time running. It seems after only about 10-20 seconds it is very hot. What could cause this, and why still no lights or codes come up?

Thanks again,

Jonathan

which dealer did you take it to?

my friend has 06 limited at 7 hours got sc went out cause some thing such into the pump mess up the wearing while in the shadow water that how his sc got slipped. When you start up the engine, press on the gas level while have some one touch at the sc air hose where the air flow to the engine, if you don't feel any pressure air from that hose, that mean your sc slipped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information