2001 Gp1200r Pump Failure

Well first time out this year didnt end up too well. Dropped the ski in and started her up just to find out that the ski went nowhere and when revved up there was a metal on metal screeching sound. After pulling the pump assembly and intermediate shaft I found out that both the driveshaft and intermediate shaft are toast. Anyone have or know of anyone that has a driveshaft, intermediate shaft(just the shaft or the entire assembly), or possibly a complete pump with driveshaft for a 2001 Yamaha Gp1200r. The ski is pretty much stock with the exception of d-plate, flame arrestors, and carbs were redone by Island. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im trying to get back on the water asap.

Thanks,

Don

Quote Originally Posted by 01yamigpr1200r View Post
    Well first time out this year didnt end up too well. Dropped the ski in and started her up just to find out that the ski went nowhere and when revved up there was a metal on metal screeching sound. After pulling the pump assembly and intermediate shaft I found out that both the driveshaft and intermediate shaft are toast. Anyone have or know of anyone that has a driveshaft, intermediate shaft(just the shaft or the entire assembly), or possibly a complete pump with driveshaft for a 2001 Yamaha Gp1200r. The ski is pretty much stock with the exception of d-plate, flame arrestors, and carbs were redone by Island. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im trying to get back on the water asap.

Thanks,

Don
    I am going through the same thing right now but ur best bet is gonna be to make a WTB thread in the classifieds

i tried to post something over there but apparently i dont have enough post history to post anything in the classifieds section.

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    I have everything you need. PM me the specifics and an offer. I will sell you the driveshaft, pump, complete intermediate assembly, or all three. I can ship them out in the AM if needed.

Let me know.....

Quote Originally Posted by 01yamigpr1200r View Post

Thanks,

Don

There is a Ebay seller who has Seneca Boat sales he also offers the shafts for Exciters so Id look into contacting him his listings are under hydrostream85 as a seller threre, I doubt he sells it on Ebay but probobly has access through his business

Thread Information