Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Questions rude fuel controller + riva ecu

I am having a few issues with afr's that i am hoping one of the gurus on this forum can help me with so here goes;
    Quick explanation on setup,05 rxp,malvin(turbo tech) [email protected],riva ecu,570cc(55lb)injectors,rude fuel controller,walbro255 etc.
    1. i changed to bigger injectors as couldn't get wot afr under 12.7 with rrfpr and 50lb injectors before had so much fuel pressure injectors locked
    2.added 55lb injectors finally got wot afr to 11.8/11.9 but then pig rich every where else
    3. added rude fuel controller to take fuel out at idle,midrange and then just let rrfpr control wot
    This is when problems started,to do this started with 58psi base pressure to get wot afr, then with fuel controller set idle on map at 8.2 which gave me afr about 12.5/12.6 then did auto fill to wot using 10 in 8000rpm column,but in doing this midrange afr was 10.0(crap),so took fuel out using rude to try and get midrange right and now because there is such a big gap in fuel map get code P170(map sensor issue).
    SO , now completely lost is 20psi too much for riva ecu?,am i doing something wrong with fuel controller?
    Must say big thanks to malvin awesome turbo,crap fuel tune and best so far [email protected] salt water(can't wait to join the 90club),PLEASE help,cheers

Banned User
    +1
    well i surely cant answer your question but everyone says cal is the man tuneing those things. snoman always has good advice w/ them as well.

did you get malvins whole turbo set up w/ the manifold/intercooler built in?? reeeeeal nice looking set-up from the pictures he sent me!

+1
    Right I would say that you need to disconnect the boost line from the RRFPR. Get some larger injectors prob 80s. Set the whole table to 10 which means it will not change anything that the main ECU is doing for the fuel.

Then using your RRFPR to adjust the fuel pressure set your WOT af.

Then when you are happy with the WOT af you can begin to adjust the rest of the table.

The RRFPR is making things more complicated due to it rising the fuel pressure when the table does not need it to.

All the info I have just given has come from Cal (HighPSI) From Hartline Performance and he is a bit of a wizard with these controlers. R88

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    if you have the numbers on the rude controler all over the place the ecu thinks the map is bad and the ecu then ignors it...or sends a code..any thing below 7 the ecu thinks the map sensor is bad.. try and keep the changes from block to block to about point 3 or under. or it will run eratic...even if it doesnt trip a code

you cant have 8 in one block the 10 everywhere else.. go 8- 8.3- 8.6- 8.9 -9.2 ect work it up

you could also disconnect the rrfpr an just use the controler.....and see..you will need to have the lower end guessing in the 8s and probaly the upper end in the 11 s or 12s

if you tune withou the ref line and cant get idle...without entering close to 7s you can get a one way check valve from a aquarium air line and hook the referance line up so it the rrfpr only sees vac to help with idle ..but dont think it will be nessisary with 55# he rrfpr messed with my idle i would be off then at 2500 perfect..it is the rrfpr pulling fuel pressure at idle..i got it corrected using the controler..that is why you see 8.6 at 2000 then 9.2 at 2500

cal uses 60s on the boats he tunes..he had it..then it was throwing a code i couldnt get idle without throwing a code so i went to bosh 50s and am fine now...

i am running bosh 50 with a rude 3 riva ecu ..at 16 17 psi right now i have the ref line hooked up ..just because i havent had time to set it up without it yet ...my upperend numbers ar right at 10 ..or just above. you have 55# but 3 more lbs of boost as well so should be close...

it is harder to tune with a turbo because you can see many different boost levels at any given rpm ..chargers are more liner i did alotof my tuning riding around with the lap top on my lap seeing wich block it was selecting from

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Right I would say that you need to disconnect the boost line from the RRFPR. Get some larger injectors prob 80s. Set the whole table to 10 which means it will not change anything that the main ECU is doing for the fuel.

Then using your RRFPR to adjust the fuel pressure set your WOT af.

Then when you are happy with the WOT af you can begin to adjust the rest of the table.

The RRFPR is making things more complicated due to it rising the fuel pressure when the table does not need it to.

All the info I have just given has come from Cal (HighPSI) From Hartline Performance and he is a bit of a wizard with these controlers. R88
    to get wot into the 11 with 80 he would have to have 30 to 40 psi base fuel pressure....my 60s it was 40 psi to get it right wot and that was using the rrfpr so 55 wide open pressure.

he is better off using a injector that is closer to what he needs...and using the controler to add and subtract rather than all subtract he may not have enough room to subtract that much...and keep the number above a 7

+1
    I have a set of 60's but can't seem to get them to run with riva ecu,i think i read somewhere they can only run 55lb injectors because riva run close to 100% duty cycle.The problem has only occured since i have pushed boost past 17psi which is why the question about how much boost the riva ecu can handle.Also thought about disconnecting boost reference but to get afr's at wot where i want them fuel pressure is about 78psi so can't quite figure how to get around this.
    With regards to fuel map because i use auto fill maximum gap is about.3 anyway which keeps map sensor happy but not afr readings

+1
    Another thing is if riva ecu runs 100% duty cycle can you add more fuel?

give me a second trying to see how to send you my map

Quote Originally Posted by RXP300HP View Post
    Another thing is if riva ecu runs 100% duty cycle can you add more fuel?
    you should have enough to fuel your boat

cant seem to just copy and past it..these are at about 0 boost or 1.9 ...my numbers dont vary but point 1 or 2 all the way across..i am still working on it but it is close..

500-8.3
    1000-8.4
    1500-8.5
    2000-8.6
    2500-9.2
    3000-8.7
    3500-8.7
    4000-9.4
    4500-9.4
    5000-9.2
    5500-8.9
    6000-9.1
    6500-9.2
    7000-9.4
    7500-9.5
    8000-9.7
    i think my base fuel pressure is 55 57 just cycling the key not running these are my numbers using anaeromotive 1 to 1 rrfpr
    those should get you in the ball park...now keep in mind i have 50#and a ported head and rotax 4224 cam..you should probalby increase the number.2 or .3 at a time above 4 volts...4 volts is 17 psi..you may need to decrease over all by 3 to 5 percent percent to accomodate you have 55# up to about 3 volts...or 10 psi ..the riva ecu will do @13 psi with just 50# no rrfpr or controler...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information