Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

7 Hour '08 RXT215 Problem

My brand new 2008 RXT is acting like it has a boost problem...

Last time I was out on it - it ran perfect (66.2MPH @ 8120RPM) .... Last weekend I changed the break-in oil and took it out for a spin. I couldn't get it over 7100RPM and it felt like it had a boost leak or the SC clutches were slipping. The oil level is right at the bottom of the top bend of the dip stick, and I can hear the SC impeller spinning up - this ski only has 7 hours on it???

Could the clutches be slipping? WTF??? Jerry??? HELP!!!!

Thanks,

Craigo

Banned User
    Hey man if those are stock metal seadoo washers that i bet they are slipping, it was only about 10 hours till my stock X charger with stock washers started slipping that it would spin up to 8230 and then back down to about 7800 or so under load.

my08 rxt was doing something very similar this season on my first ride out. had 22 hours on it at the time and wouldnt get over 7100rpm and was idling all over the place. 1650-2400rpm. ran it at about 5000 rpm at a steady speed for a good 15 minutes. took care of whatever it was. i assumed bad gas or maybe the oil had sat too long. not sure but im at 26 hours now and havent had a problem since. just an idea for you

+1

Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    Hey man if those are stock metal seadoo washers that i bet they are slipping, it was only about 10 hours till my stock X charger with stock washers started slipping that it would spin up to 8230 and then back down to about 7800 or so under load.
    It acts just like my two seater did when I lost a hose clamp on the intercooler inlet ... that was an easy fix - pretty obvious what happened when I saw the clamp dangling there.

It's just weird how this problem showed up after I changed the breakin oil. I guess I'll have to check the slip moment. It won't go over 7100RPM and it feels boostless getting there. I've shimmed all of my SCer's washers, just not this soon.

+1

This is what I'm hoping for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    my08 rxt was doing something very similar this season on my first ride out. had 22 hours on it at the time and wouldnt get over 7100rpm and was idling all over the place. 1650-2400rpm. ran it at about 5000 rpm at a steady speed for a good 15 minutes. took care of whatever it was. i assumed bad gas or maybe the oil had sat too long. not sure but im at 26 hours now and havent had a problem since. just an idea for you
    Thank you for the reply!!!

Yeah, I've considered the "bad day syndrome"! I'm probably going to try to hit the water one more time before I remove the charger or remove a little oil. Thanks!!!

Craigo

The oil should be between the bottom and top bend, not at the top bend.

Warm up the ski on the water by doing some WOT runs and then idle for 30 seconds. Shut off the ski and let it sit for 30 seconds. Check the oil level. Should be right in between the two bends. Too high and you'll lose RPM.

+1
    Not sure if this helps. My new RXTX 260 had a weird issue with loosing power. It would rev to full power for a 5 or so seconds then drop back down a few thousand rpm...felt like a boost leak. It was right after the 10 hour break in. Since I never had the throttle pinned for long under break in I wouldn't have noticed. None the less it was suspicious that it just came back from the dealer 10 hour service. The oil was 3/8 past full so I went through the whole high oil loosing RPM thing. I drained about half quart out and still same problem same max rpm as before 7900ish @ 68mph. Took it back to the dealer and they are telling me itís a bad MAP sensor. Sounds reasonable. It will be fixed on Tuesday, then Iíll know for sure. I never had any weird noises from the engine just loss of power.

+1

Yeah, thanks Keith!

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    The oil should be between the bottom and top bend, not at the top bend.
    Has anyone experienced a 1000RPM loss do to the oil level at the High mark on the dipstick??? I know I've read somewhere on this site that performance issues occur do to excessively filled oil levels, I'm just not sure how much performance is lost. I put 3.5 quarts of the recommended oil into my ski.

+1

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Not sure if this helps.
    Helps or not? You still posted something to try and help me!!!

Thanks!!!

+1
    Pop some fresh spark-plugs in and let the big dog eat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information