Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Mongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    665
    +1
    6

    What kind of horsepower am I developing??

    Hi,
    havent posted in a while as I have been busy with other stuff.
    Ive just completed my waveblaster project and am about to sell it, but I would like to mention rough hp figures as people are bound to ask!
    it's a 2 cyl 800 powervalve engine bored to 927cc (87mm groupK pistons) and ported by Lowell.
    Running stock carbs/gutted airbox, re jetted with choke plates removed. powervalves fitted and working.
    Thanks,
    Simon


  2. #2
    unless someone has built and dynoed one of these before i think you out of luck..the 1200 puts down 155 so id guess around 90-110

  3. #3
    Mongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    665
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
    unless someone has built and dynoed one of these before i think you out of luck..the 1200 puts down 155 so id guess around 90-110
    The 800 stocker is at 120hp!!!, so I think your quite far off the mark my friend!

  4. #4
    you are right my friend, i just assumed since its the same motor cc with one cyliner missing it be 2/3 of the 1200r power..i wonder why it has so much hp, if the 1200 had the same power per cylinder it would have 180hp

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    The 800 stocker is at 120hp!!!, so I think your quite far off the mark my friend!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South MS
    Posts
    1,095
    All u can do is guess. I think some where between 135 to 150. Just compare to the seadoo 951 makes 130hp stock. And yours is ported and compression. So 140-150hp. Add some timing and V force reeds for more.

    Just remember its hard to compare 2 cylinder and 3 cyl. 2 cylinder has more aggressive porting and more compression in stock form. Plus the 3cyl has more HP loss to friction. Probably why the 3cyl only makes 35hp more.

  6. #6
    quadzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LOCH NESS Monster-Land
    Posts
    1,178
    +1
    29

    Unhappy ??

    Hey there Simon....

    Very saddened to hear you're selling this project..

    As for the power output..

    Well you've added over a fifth to the motors capacity.. 784.2cc Vs 927.5cc..

    Add in the porting and raised compression..

    Next there's VF3 reeds..

    The carbs with the chokes removed flow better so add a little there..
    Same again with the gutted airbox..

    Being conservative i don't see 160+ hp being an unrealistic guess..

    So stock 120hp + capacity increase worth say 20hp + porting say 7hp per cylinder + increased compression 3hp per cylinder..
    VF3 reeds must be worth 3+hp per cylinder..
    the carb mods maybe 1-2 each cylinder..??

    We have then..

    120
    + 20
    + 14
    + 6
    + 2
    ------
    = 162hp

    I'm sure there is a more scientific method to accurately determine the output..

    Maybe one of the guys with a 3 cylinder 1390cc will have some thoughts..??

    I'd think the 2 cylinder version would output more than a simple 2/3 of the three's though

    Gerry

  7. #7
    What carbs and pipes are you running? If you managed to fit factory twins in there you would have over 150. One fast blaster.. I just got a CF blaster with a seadoo 1020 twin in it. It is a rocket

  8. #8
    Mongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    665
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by quadzilla View Post
    Hey there Simon....

    Very saddened to hear you're selling this project..

    As for the power output..

    Well you've added over a fifth to the motors capacity.. 784.2cc Vs 927.5cc..

    Add in the porting and raised compression..

    Next there's VF3 reeds..

    The carbs with the chokes removed flow better so add a little there..
    Same again with the gutted airbox..

    Being conservative i don't see 160+ hp being an unrealistic guess..

    So stock 120hp + capacity increase worth say 20hp + porting say 7hp per cylinder + increased compression 3hp per cylinder..
    VF3 reeds must be worth 3+hp per cylinder..
    the carb mods maybe 1-2 each cylinder..??

    We have then..

    120
    + 20
    + 14
    + 6
    + 2
    ------
    = 162hp

    I'm sure there is a more scientific method to accurately determine the output..

    Maybe one of the guys with a 3 cylinder 1390cc will have some thoughts..??

    I'd think the 2 cylinder version would output more than a simple 2/3 of the three's though

    Gerry
    Thanks all for the replies-I was guestimating at 145-150, so it seems im not far off with that figure!
    Gerry-having a clear out-the Blasters going as space and lack of use is an issue.Also my 05 GPR is probably going to go as well (I think!), I need to downsize my ski collection, and just stick with one-and can you guess what that will be?????

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of speeds am i looking at here??
    By kurt1200 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
  2. What kind of oil do you use?
    By watermedic in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 11:29 PM
  3. what kinds of Silicone Sealers you like
    By meirvin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
  4. What kinds of trailers are you guys using?
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 12:54 AM
  5. What kind of oil?
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •