Think I figured out the stinger mod....Please check my thoughts

After looking at my stinger, I think I figured out how Skiworx does the stinger mods, and I am going to do it to my 2000 Ultra 150, but I want you to see if my thought process is correct.

1. Drill/tap/plug small hole at end of stinger that flows water into the big hose to drain water in the waterbox

2. Drill and tap (or weld) for 3/8 hose barb on stinger pipe. Connect this hose to jetworks valve and T into the pressure hose that goes from the pump to the waterlog on the cylinders.

3. Get a 2 3/4" -> 3" hose coupler to adapt the stinger pipe to my TDR waterbox

4. Set valve to inject water above 3000 rpm.

Is it really just this simple? Why is this such a bit secret for those who already know how to do it? Do I need any additional pissers to drain water from the exhaust pipe aside from the 90* fitting that is in the top of the stinger?

Please correct me or offer any suggestions. If it really is this easy, I am going to do it this week to my ski.

Someone told me that the location of the fitting that injects the water is the big secret. I do not see how that would really matter, unless it needs to be near the top to cool the stinger elbow pipe as it runs down into the waterbox. Can anyone confirm this, or post a pic of where your fitting is on your stinger mod?

+1
    I didn't know it was a secret. I don't know the details, I just sent mine to Skiworx and had them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I didn't know it was a secret. I don't know the details, I just sent mine to Skiworx and had them do it.
    No one seems to know the details, that is why it is a secret. No one will speak up about it, yet many people have it done, and I can't imagine that everyone had theirs done by skiworks. Someone has to know about it, or at least examined theirs when they got it back from Skiworks.

It just seems so simple to me and it kind of worries me that no one has tried to do this themselves. That is what makes me think I am missing something. People on here mod their motors, do tripples, and all of these other crazy mods and makes step by step posts about it, but no one has ever posted about doing their own stinger mod. That is what makes me think that there is more to it, I just can't figure out what.

+1
    If I knew, I'd tell you. However, I didn't take before & after pictures, and I had it done 5 or 6 years ago, so I really don't remember.

Have you called Skiworx and asked Steve?

+1
    A pisser is needed to drain the waterjacket on the pipe that is plugged when doing the stinger mod...

+1
    WAIT, I am wrong on needing a pisser to drain the pipe after reading this, DUH! forgot the big 1/2 fitting already on the pipe...

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=113549&page=2

THis it cake....also if you look in those pics...the Waterbox adapter is one of the intake adapters sold as Autozone....yes they are silcone,, i think

Thread Information