Carb Adjustment?

what is the proper procedure to adjust the carbs? Or is it an idle adjust screw?

the reason i ask is i got it all back together and it ran great but it topped out at around 4800-5500 RPM and hit around 48-49mph TOPS On the initial test drive before the jetpump went kaboom on me the ski cruised up to 68 on the MFD on smooth water. but normally ran around 58ish and 68 was on water like glass

recently when i had the skis checked out before purchase compression test the whole nine i asked the tech to turn down the carbs because that thing would just take off from the dock. but since it has never reached full speed again... can a carb tuned down to much hinder RPM at full throttle and top speed?

it idles in the water around 1k-1200rpm i would think 13-1400 would be better am i right?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Please start reading the info in the tech section.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15473

+1
    1250 at idle.. read read read... it's all here somewhere already.

topped out at around? 4800-5500? which one is it? 4800 or 5500?
    no, the idle has nothing to do with top speed. just idle at the dock.

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    1250 at idle.. read read read... it's all here somewhere already.

topped out at around? 4800-5500? which one is it? 4800 or 5500?
    no, the idle has nothing to do with top speed. just idle at the dock.
    Im checking my carb adjustments today on my 95 750 SL The book says High speed screw 1 Mag 1/2 C 3/4 Pto
    My PTO screw was 2 complete turns out. I understand when you turn your screw driver half and half to equal 1 full turn. My other cyclinders were the same. I just want to be sure Im doing this right. When Im looking at the engine from the intake side my High speed screw is on the left and my low speed screw is on the right. Is this the correct screws Im looking at. My idle screws were all 1/2 out as indicated in the manual. Im concerned about adjusting them to factory settings and leaning out the engine so I wanted to ask before I changed the settings.... It seamed starnge that these screw adjustments shouldnt be even like a car 2 1/2 turns or something... Please advice.... Also Im not able to vacumn set my carbs theres no vacumn ports on the center or mag carbs... I aw in the book how to manually set them. That sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by mogyver69 View Post
    Im checking my carb adjustments today on my 95 750 SL The book says High speed screw 1 Mag 1/2 C 3/4 Pto
    My PTO screw was 2 complete turns out. I understand when you turn your screw driver half and half to equal 1 full turn. My other cyclinders were the same. I just want to be sure Im doing this right. When Im looking at the engine from the intake side my High speed screw is on the left and my low speed screw is on the right. Is this the correct screws Im looking at. My idle screws were all 1/2 out as indicated in the manual. Im concerned about adjusting them to factory settings and leaning out the engine so I wanted to ask before I changed the settings.... It seamed starnge that these screw adjustments shouldnt be even like a car 2 1/2 turns or something... Please advice.... Also Im not able to vacumn set my carbs theres no vacumn ports on the center or mag carbs... I aw in the book how to manually set them. That sucks!
    Theres nothing to worry about with stock settings, I seriously doubt factory settings would create a lean cond, if anything their settings are a tad rich, for safety.

Thread Information