lc-1 question --diffrent then the normal ? on settings

i have been running a LC-1 for a few hours getting my A/F right before i removed it it would sometimes read only 7.4 then after a bit go back to the proper readings but i was close to what i wanted on my A/F so i removed it -after a few weeks - went out and changed injectors went to go hook up the LC-1 wanting to check the cal. and the gauge started right at 7.4 --waited for it to warm up then the gauge went blank ( its the blue round gauge )after checking the connections they where right and solid --everything else seems to be right -- the O2 sensor warms up like it should the red light and reset button work --do i need to get just another gauge ? or be safe and get just the gauge and cable ? if so where can i get them -- went to their web site but no luck in just the gauge and cable -- any ideas -- anyone want to sell just the gauge and cable ?

update -- went back out and fooled with the LC-1 managed to get the digital gauge to light up ( sometimes) but it only flashes rapidly 7.4 is that a indication that the O2 sensor is bad ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    update -- went back out and fooled with the LC-1 managed to get the digital gauge to light up ( sometimes) but it only flashes rapidly 7.4 is that a indication that the O2 sensor is bad ?

7.4 is normal while the o2 sensor is warming up, after being run or warmed up, it should read correctly. Everytime u pull the lanyard it will cycle that way again.

50.0 usually means a bad o2 sensor...

+1
    Mine always reads 0.00 until it warms up. Then 20.1 Until I start it.

And your correct like 50 when disconnected or bad.

+1
    homebrew, mine always blinks 7.4 for a few seconds when i initially attach the lanyard, then it will display the corrrect reading.

i understand the start up -- this is when i can even get the gauge to light up --after warming up and such -- i had this working for for a few weeks getting my a/f keyed in with my other injectors

+1
    check the wiring connections on it. i spent like an hour trying to figure out why my gauge only flicker on, and come to find out, it was the stupid connectors i was using. i rewired everything and never had issues after that.

thats what I'm going to double check this morning -- if i can't get it working I'm going to have to put my 48# injectors back in and with the water and air temp so high I'm running rich -- i had my begi and aafr maxed out and was a touch rich when it was cold out --with this heat its running richer then i like -- i got 42# i wanted to put in it so i can have adjustment on the aafr and begi on both ends instead of being maxed out -- i hope i get it working because of this i wasn't able to get out yesterday

went through and redid all the connections ( i bought this LC-1 used ) all the connections where crimp connectors and electric tape -- soldered all the connections and used shrink tubing to cover all the connections tryed it out --still nothing then i took a magnifying glass and checked the wires going into the plug that plugs into the A/F gauge found them to be broken --so i had to cut the plug off of the wiring harness and i was lucky enough to find another plug in my box of old computer parts ( i used to build PC's on the side long ago ) spliced the LC-1 harness to the "new" plug -- soldered and shrink tubing -- hooked it up and all is working -- only problem now is its windy as hell outside -- went down to the Marina and white caps all over the place -- not worth trying to dial in the A/F with the new injectors in that -- just saw on the news a sever thunderstorm warning just came up and a chance of tornado's or water spouts ---i will later until later

Thread Information