Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

New Numbers Package Paying Off

I just got back from Senator's Wash and I'm smiling ear to ear. The big suprise was the 1200R.

I took the R&D sponsons off and put stock stepped sponsons on the ski due to almost ripping my arms off when I turned to miss a bird. No other changes.

Temp 75° F. 6:30 A.M. elevation 224. Dry no dew in the air.

1st run 75.2 @ 7240 rpm's

I looked at the gps and thought it must have been a fluke. Reset the gps (Garmin Forerunner 201) . I aimed her back down the lake and ripped a 75.0 mph. Loss of .2 due to heat soak.

Ski had 1/4 tank of fuel, water was mirror glass. I was in the superman position.

This ski has a close to stock setup. Stock ignition, stock key, stock carbs with butterflies.

Mods are R&D plate modded to package specs at 5°, blueprinted 800 intake grate, 05 pump with Dynafly 14/20 (that is a true 14/20) Pro-Tec modded stock head with 140 cranking PSI (Snap On gage) V-Force reeds.

Other info is package confidential. The engine and carbs in this ski are fresh, maybe 5 hours run time.

Ported 1300 is impressive. I need to get it to quit bucking at 78 mph. It gets to 70 mph almost immediately.

best speed was 78.7. Multiple runs at 78.6 and 78.5. RPM's 7260
    800 grate, my plate to package specs and 5°. The ski has more, I just need it to quit bucking. Fercho is sending me a taller impeller to try out. I figure 80 mph is in the near future

I think I will pick up a 1200 grate for it. Also 5° might be too much angle on the plate for those speeds. This is why I still have my Jim's plate. As stated by Ben and others once you start getting into the upper 70's and low 80's everything changes. Both the 1200 and 1300 are set up the same as far as plates grates tabs sponsons etc.

Thanks Fercho!!!

+1
    maybee I need to get a package great #'s 80 is just around the corner! Who did your porting work?

+1
    Lowell did the porting on the 1300. His work is first class and his customer support is first class. Everything was perfect. He marked the cylinders powervalves and pistons with a 1,2 or 3. He had everything matched up. The pistons were even balanced within a tenth of a gram to each other.

He also assisted me when I rebuilt the 1200 with tips on balncing pistons and powervalve clearance.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Nice numbers Jim

+1
    Probably the biggest benefit of the package is the phone support. Our skis and bodyweight, riding position are all a little different. So even with the package you will still need to dial it in. When you get the support from people with real experience and they are not too busy to help you it makes a big difference.

Fercho is helping me get the 78 mph buck out of my ski. So even if you hit a few rocks in the road like I did with Jim's plate Fercho will stick by you and see it through.

I learned my Jim's plate is setup for the skis with a pump extension. There was a little miscommunication. Had it been set up for a pre 2005 with no extension it would have been the same as the plate I reworked. It does take on helluva a lot of sanding to bring those plates in. The price probably isn't all that bad considering the labor involved.

+1
    Thank you Jim. It has been a fairly long haul but it is comming together now.

How much should I take off the rear mounts on my Jim's Plate for a pre 2005 set-up? I think the plate might hold the key to the bucking problem. That was not your plate that was on the ski while bucking.

Sorry about the rant earlier in the year due to a mix-up.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Check for PM jim i have the specs for you.

+1
    Got it Jim.

Thanks

+1
    Man, you've got to have Billie sweating now with those numbers. As for me, I think I've figured out my bucking problem I created and lost all hope for anything over 72 mph. I'm waiting to let the silicone cure on the pump shoe...Now put back to stock specs. Everything went to crap on me when I pulled the pump shoe up higher in the hull....Just sharpening the front wing couldn't cause what had happened.

Congrats on the new numbers! I'm very interested to hear how you get rid of the buck. I also have a buck at about 76 with my 1200 grate if I do the Superman position, but not with my 800 grate. Since I run the 1200 grate most of the time, I'd sure like to know how to get rid of the buck.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information