Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

has any 1 played with props pitches

hi there l have been playing with props. has any 1 found 1 that works well 4 them l have tryed the 16 21 found that it holds revs down to much at top end got around 7500rpm thats all l could get tryed the skat prop 12/19 works really well get around 7950rpm very strong thought the rev range l didnt have a gps so l cant say what true top speed l had. l had a drag race with a sho yammey had a fair few mods blow him away from the start he just go me top end. l get a little bit of cavitation when l hit it from idle to full noise not much u can do about it. just wanted every 1 to know my findings on props. has any 1 got a prop that works well 4 them....

I have a solas 16/21 that I have had repitched to 15/21. Have'nt tried it yet. Can let u know when I do though. Just in process of rebuilding one of my pumps.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    hi there l have been playing with props. has any 1 found 1 that works well 4 them l have tryed the 16 21 found that it holds revs down to much at top end got around 7500rpm thats all l could get tryed the skat prop 12/19 works really well get around 7950rpm very strong thought the rev range l didnt have a gps so l cant say what true top speed l had. l had a drag race with a sho yammey had a fair few mods blow him away from the start he just go me top end. l get a little bit of cavitation when l hit it from idle to full noise not much u can do about it. just wanted every 1 to know my findings on props. has any 1 got a prop that works well 4 them....
    if its a stock boat.then a stock prop is the best all round performer

a pulley boat is a different story
    16/21 is good for top speed but a the biggest P.O.S for holeshot ( it has none, just makes bubbles) and is NO good for a stock ski !!!!

12/20 is a good CC prop and keeps the top rpm down from 8200 back to approx 7950ish, great hole shot and midrange accel when clearances are tight in the pump

this has been from my own personal experience ,

I know run a stock modded prop to suit my engine set up

+1
    what he said.

+1
    A bunch of us have been pitching props for some time. In the modded gpr world it's almost a must to get the boat setup just right.
    Pick up one of these: http://www.watcon.com/Catalog_Pages/Impeller_Pitch.htm
    and one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Read this: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20995

And bend the sucker!!!!
    I'd highly recommend starting with a junk prop to practice on to get the hang of it. Once you understand what bends and adjustments do what in relation to the performance of the ski, you can really dial things in pretty good. I have to admit though....I've probably made more mistakes than I've done good... But it's pretty cool to see how the smallest of tweaks can make some pretty significant changes.

+1
    Oh, and I have pretty much settled in on a stock 260 prop repitched to a 13/19 as being a good setup for my ski. (basic stock 07' 250 w/ 5* of timing)

I agree about the stock prop being real nice and that, but kinda keen to try the solas 15/21. Seems to work in Doos.

deleted

Let me know how that works out for you 12/21 was the best for me top speed, and 16/22 for extreme accelleration. Those were my results. QUOTE=Offshore Aussie;1453481]I agree about the stock prop being real nice and that, but kinda keen to try the solas 15/21. Seems to work in Doos.[/QUOTE]

Try it anyway, sometimes you go where you know others have gone before, cause you want to see just what color blue it was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information