Getting off the stock limmiter,sujestions?

I know this topic gets beaten to death with so many opinions, but just want a little guidance from the more experienced builders out there on want I want to acheive with my ski. Its all very new to me.

I have just finished my first build on my FZS and its running awesome, accelerates way faster than stock and gets upto about 73 just the performance gain I was looking for top speed is enough for me and low end is great just need a little help on ideas to get me off my limmiter a little more without loosing bottom/mid range acceleration.

I understand that its almost impossible to have a modded ski and to not have that stupid stock limiter going bla,bla, bla everytime I try to go past say 2/3rd throttle, just want to get my pitch better to at least enjoy the power of this ski till I can afford an ECU upgrade of somesort later in the year and keep the limmiter at bay with the stock ECU (if at all possible)for a little more throttle time, or will I just be wasting money and should just put up with it till I can afford an ECU upgrade.

At the moment as soon as I jump on the throttle the ski is bouncing hard on the limmiter within say at a guess 3 to 4 seconds while its accelerating.
    It doesn't seem to cavitate much on take off just screams really fast up onto the stock limmiter and tops out around the 73 range very fast compared to stock.

Current mods are equivilent to Riva stage 1,blow-off valve,intercooler upgrade and also an engine tech 11.7psi wheel at 7700 similar to a Riva b1 wheel.

The ski is running a Skat 13/23.

Would the 13/24 or 13/25 be alot better for this ski and to help me achieve my aims for now, any idea on what sort of RPM this level of mods would be at max to turn a 13/24 or 13/25 ? to get max performance from my mods at 7750 stock limiter, I seem to be wasting alot of power using the 13/23 pitch as I can't go more than 3/4 throttle without smashing the limmiter constantly or will going to 13/24 or even a 13/25 be too tall a pitch for my current mods and just kill my bottom/mid range acceleration? or any other pitch combinations you have tried with good success with similar mods to mine on stock ECU?

I am not after the fastest ski around as it is used alot for family stuff as well and in the surf so top speed is fine for me in the low/mid 70's, I am not after a 85 monster yet but just wanted alot better acceleration than stock to 70 but not too have the thing bla,bla,bla all the time I jump on the throttle.

Any imput from guys that have done similar mods and the results of various pitches they have tried and what the outcome to the ski has been, I need some help so I don't waste anymore money?

Cheers everyone.

dont change anything and get the r2 reflash, i did it moved the stock rev limiter and give you better low and mid range.
    http://www.rd-performance.com/newPro...yamaha/fzr.asp

+1
    Coldspace , We will have to meet up soon before I take the jump to MoTeC. I use a 13/25 and the stock limiter fucks me right off!!!!! Out of the hole to cruising at 50k's I go WOT and it DA DA DAAD DA. Its insane the amount of power that comes out of these motors!! A couple of weeks ago , I raced my mates RXPX thing that had stage 2 or some crap on it. I've never seen someone's face drop so fast....... hahaha

Tks Richie,

Yep these motors make some big power fast.

Nothing like cubes.
    We will have to meet up soon looks like I am going to have to upgrade the ECU, no other way around it.

One can only imagine what the ski will go like after a Motec system.

I'm of interstate now for 3 weeks so when I get back we will definatly catch up for a ride mate.

Imagine 2 SHO's screaming along the Gold coast Broadwater at 80+. That will make out for a good sight.

Matt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    Tks Richie,

Yep these motors make some big power fast.

Nothing like cubes.
    We will have to meet up soon looks like I am going to have to upgrade the ECU, no other way around it.

One can only imagine what the ski will go like after a Motec system.

I'm of interstate now for 3 weeks so when I get back we will definatly catch up for a ride mate.

Imagine 2 SHO's screaming along the Gold coast Broadwater at 80+. That will make out for a good sight.

Matt.

HAHAHA yeah I know!! Knowing that there is not much out there that will keep up. The only thing is hangin on to the things!!! or like me somethimes forgetting to take my finger off the throttle at speed!!!! hahahaha

Stock Limiter
    Stock Boost limiter

are there things holding my ski back. You'll run into the same wall as me if not you have already. Only way is aftermarket ECU. I will be going 1000cc and MoTeC when the time comes , Got to try and CATCH TONY!!! lol

Thread Information